What are some good rechargeable Ni-MH batteries?

Go to solution Solved by SSL,

Eneloops are without doubt the best Ni-MH cells. Not only do they last for a long time but they can sustain extremely high current loads. To go with them, I HIGHLY recommend this charger (which I have used): PowerEx MH-C9000. Rechargeable cells in general need a charger that applies a proper charging algorithm, otherwise the cells will have a shorter useable life. E.g. avoid cheap fast chargers that claim to charge cells in 15 minutes, this is a guaranteed way to destroy them.

Some time ago I bought a rechargeable battery set with a charger and it only came with 2 batteries, so I need more.

I watched one of Linus' videos and he mentioned eneloops (Sanyo's rechargeable batteries) and I was intrigued as to what is the best rechargeable battery.

Also, I'm getting them shipped in, will excessive heat from Florida weather degrade their performance and life?

If you have any tips or ideas, pl0x provide the brand or your input!

i5-3570k and an R9 390 chugging along

I use the Sanyo batteries in Linus' video and they work great. I have 4 of them and have been using them for about 2 weeks so far, still optimal performance.

& no I don't think the weather is hot enough to damage the batteries.

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

Sanyo Eneloops are the best I have ever used.

However, a key component in long lasting rechargeable battery is the charger. Smart Charger not only give you diagnostic of the battery, but it doesn't blindly charge the battery. It allows them to be properly charge, and faster, without damage, and also makes them last longer. Smart charger are a bit expensive, but worth it in my opinion.

Look at La Crosse Smart Chargers (of course, as always check reviews). And the included batteries are excellent. Just as good as Sanyo Eneloops in my opinion.

Thanks for the input guys. I did some more research and noticed Panasonic purchased Sanyo, so I'm going to buy those eneloops (more charge cycles, too!).

I'll look into a smart charger as GoodBytes said.

Thanks a bunch!

Yea, eneloops are great and I used them for years for my X31 (or something) turtlebeach headsets)). Unfortunately I lost some battery's and the charger doesn't really charge my batteries anymore (I only use the AAAs, rarely the AAs). May have to get a new set or something.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Eneloops are without doubt the best Ni-MH cells. Not only do they last for a long time but they can sustain extremely high current loads. To go with them, I HIGHLY recommend this charger (which I have used): PowerEx MH-C9000. Rechargeable cells in general need a charger that applies a proper charging algorithm, otherwise the cells will have a shorter useable life. E.g. avoid cheap fast chargers that claim to charge cells in 15 minutes, this is a guaranteed way to destroy them.

I just get some of the high capacitance energizer ones; easily available, can be had cheap online, and last almost as long as the more expensive ones (like eneloop).

I am a female pc hardware expert and enthusiast, over 170 IQ, been in the tech scene since the 80s. get over it.  This message brought to you by me being tired of people which have problems with any of those things.   ~Jaqie Fox

-=|Fighting computer ignorance since 1995|=-

I just get some of the high capacitance energizer ones; easily available, can be had cheap online, and last almost as long as the more expensive ones (like eneloop).

I had them, they don't last long in terms of how many times you can charge them, I found. They are good but not great.

Yeah, the Energizer ones I have right now were good at first, but now they are discharging while they sit around. Their life is pretty short. I think Eneloops are a good investment, so I ordered those.