PC is not booting, EZ DEBUG stuck at CPU LED

damian61

I just sold a working pc to someone two days ago, now he contacted me that the PC is not working anymore. Based on the provided pictures, all fans are spinning, rgb leds are on, but there is no post. The EZ DEBUG led is lighting up at the CPU. 

Specs:

Ryzen 3 1200 / MSi A320m Pro VD / 1x16GB DDR4 / Rx 570 / Corsair VS450

Pc had the last bios, I did Heaven benchmark, Furmark, Aida64 stress test before I gave it to him 

I asked him to reset the bios somehow, re-seat the ram, power connector at the CPU but its not working. Any idea what could be the issue? 

image.png.b44dc2889bef4ce7e8a0e892ca6c38d8.png

image.png.e3eb77f012e7a0756d4896a10f52f053.png

17 minutes ago, damian61 said:

Any idea what could be the issue? 

Hi buddy,

First think to do is take off the cooler and remove the CPU. Double check there are no bent pins and pop it back in and get the cooler back on. Probably use the opportunity to reapply some thermal paste.

If that doesn't work, make sure the motherboard isn't touching the case or something hasn't come lose and is causing a short in the small gap between the back of the board and the chassis. Stripping everything out and building on your kitchen table (bench build) is a good way to eliminate that as possible cause. You'd be surprised how many times just stripping a PC down and putting it back together kicks it in to shape.

If neither of the above steps work, your now into trying to boot with as little hardware as possible. Mobo + CPU + GPU + 1 stick of ram (No hard disk or any other devices)

And if that doesn't work, run for the hills!

Bedroom PC - Lian-Li O11 XL Evo - Intel Core i5 13600k @ 5.4P / 4.4EGhz -  MSI Pro-A Wifi Z790 Mobo DDR5 - 32GB Ram - Gigabyte RTX 4090 - 1TB Samsung 990Pro NVMe - Corsair HX1200i PSU - Dual Custom Loop Cooling - GPU cooled with EK Quantum Surface S240 + EK Quantum Surface P360M X-Flow Rads - CPU cooled with EK Quantum Surface X360M Rad

Living Room PC - Hyte Y60 - Intel Core i9 9900k @ 5Ghz -  MSI Meg Ace Z390 Mobo - 16GB Ram - Palit RTX 3080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - Corsair AX850 PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with Hyte Y60 Corner Distro Plate - EK Coolstream S120 + EK Quantum Surface S360 + EK Quantum Surface X240M

Extension PC - Lian Li o11 Dynamic - Intel Core i7 8086k @ 5.1Ghz -  Gbyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA RTX 2080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - EVGA B5 850W PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with dual EKWB 360 Rads + G1 side EKWB distro plate.

Office - Thermaltake Tower 100 - Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.1Ghz - Gbyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 1080ti - 256GB Samsung NVMe - EVGA B5 850W PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with dual EK Quantum Surface P120M Rads + Barrow 3-in-1 Block, Res & Pump.

Annex - Corsair 250D - Intel Core i7 3770k - Asus P8Z77 I Delux Mobo - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 980ti - 256GB Corsair SSD - BeQuiet P11 750 PSU - CPU cooled with EK Coolstream S240 + S120 Rads + EK Pump / Res Combo

Office - Corsair 280X - Intel Core i7 4790k - Asrock H97M ITX Mobo  - 16GB Ram - EVGA GTX 980 - Corsair SFXL600 PSU - CPU + GPU cooled with triple EK Coolstream S240s + EK Pump / Res Combo

NAS PC - Fractal Node 804 - Intel Core i7 3770k - Asus P8Z77-M Mobo - 16GB Ram - MSI GTX 1660 Ventus - Corsair AX850 PSU - Unraid 15TB Storage Server

Living Room AV Setup 5.1.4 - Yamaha RX-A2060 - 2 x B&W CM9s2 - 2 x Monitor Audio FX Silvers - 4 x B&W CCM665s - B&W CMCs2 - SVS SB13 Ultra - LG OLED65C1

Extension AV Setup - Sonos ARC + Sub (Gen 3) - LG OLED65C6V + Yamaha RX-A1070 - 5 x Monitor Audio C265s (2 Zones)

Bedroom AV Setup - Yamaha WXC-50 - 2 x B&W CM1s - Rel Quake - LG OLED42C2.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:30 PM, ChrisLoudon said:

Hi buddy,

First think to do is take off the cooler and remove the CPU. Double check there are no bent pins and pop it back in and get the cooler back on. Probably use the opportunity to reapply some thermal paste.

If that doesn't work, make sure the motherboard isn't touching the case or something hasn't come lose and is causing a short in the small gap between the back of the board and the chassis. Stripping everything out and building on your kitchen table (bench build) is a good way to eliminate that as possible cause. You'd be surprised how many times just stripping a PC down and putting it back together kicks it in to shape.

If neither of the above steps work, your now into trying to boot with as little hardware as possible. Mobo + CPU + GPU + 1 stick of ram (No hard disk or any other devices)

And if that doesn't work, run for the hills!

I have some updates.

I've got back the PC on Monday. I brought it home, I plugged it in to my TV and it worked fine. I gave it back to the buyer the day after, I made some tests and videos to prove it that the PC worked. When he got it back the PC worked that day for him as well, but he wasn't able to turn on the PC again the day after...

For me whats very strange, that when I plugged in the PC, I saw the bios reseting itself after like 2 restarts the PC booted fine to windows, so it means that the buyer was not able to reset the bios. First I thought he did something wrong or whatever, but now the PC is not working again, and I think there is an issue with the buyers power outlet or something, like the voltage is not enough to start the PC or some similar issue.

I had the computer back for 2 days, I turned it on and off like 20x times, never experienced any issue. 

What do you think about this? I think after I gave him back the PC the psu still had some charge inside and thats why he was able to run it, but the next morning he faced with the same issue, mobo is not booting at all