Case and fan acoustics Pop Silent

Moopey_

Last weekend I assembled my new pc, I wanted a silent (quiet) pc, I bought the Fractal Design Pop Silent along with Noctua fans NF-A12x25.

Whenever the sidepanel is on I hear this whooshing, humming noise. The second I take off the panel it stops, a little while later the fans ramp down.

Could this be an airflow thing? Do I hear the air moving? Or is the sidepanel rattling against the case?

I have tried:
Checking for loose screws (fans, mobo, GPU, PSU)

Lowering fan RPM
Loosening case screws

Pulling out that weird tray thing out of the case.

Checking for wires pressing against the panel.

I'm not sure what's going on, I'm frustrated because the video this build is inspired by states its a very quiet pc.

Full part list:

• Ryzen 5 7600x
  • RTX 4070
  • Noctua NH-U12A chomax.black
  • Fractal Design Pop Silent
  • Lexar 2TB m.2
  • Kingston ddr5
  • Asus TUF gaming B650-PLUS
  • be quiet Pure Power 12M 750W
  • 3 Noctua NF-A12x25 fans

i would use  software to turn off one and one fan to see what fan is make the noise. ur just unplug one after another.

26 minutes ago, NorKris said:

i would use  software to turn off one and one fan to see what fan is make the noise. ur just unplug one after another.

I tried this, even with all the fans off I still hear the buzzing/humming noise. 
The second I take of the side panel it stops, it's driving me nuts. I can see it's a little flexed, it doesn't line up perfectly, I don't know if that's something. 
I can try electrical tape I read somewhere... I just don't hope I have to return this case for a new one.

17 minutes ago, Moopey_ said:

I tried this, even with all the fans off I still hear the buzzing/humming noise

cpu fan off?

gpu fans off?

10 minutes ago, NorKris said:

cpu fan off?

gpu fans off?

Yes I turned them off with FanControl. It's a low buzzing or humming sound. I also checked the PSU, don't think it's the PSU. 
But again, I take off the panel, the noise stops or gets super quiet. It's really strange.

some times the side pannale can vibrate had it on my thrmmaltake core x9 and the gpu was at like idle and tower cooler fans at 800 rpm with no other fans pluged in.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Are you able to put a washer or vibration dampening ring (basically a little rubber O-ring) between the glass side panel and the case? Try that and see if it is either vibration, whistling or resonant frequency of the glass, of which the latter would not be the most ideal

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

19 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

some times the side pannale can vibrate had it on my thrmmaltake core x9 and the gpu was at like idle and tower cooler fans at 800 rpm with no other fans pluged in.

I tried putting some paper in between but that didn't help, I guess I can try it? 

12 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Are you able to put a washer or vibration dampening ring (basically a little rubber O-ring) between the glass side panel and the case? Try that and see if it is either vibration, whistling or resonant frequency of the glass, of which the latter would not be the most ideal

I have heard this a couple times so maybe I'll try it, I don't have a glass side panel, but I think that shouldn't be an issue right? 

On 4/5/2024 at 9:49 PM, Moopey_ said:

I have heard this a couple times so maybe I'll try it, I don't have a glass side panel, but I think that shouldn't be an issue right? 

No shouldnt be an issue as a lot of cases only have 1 glass side panel and 1 full metal panel, have you tried nylon bolts/screws for vibration dampening along with rubber o-rings, should completely isolate any metal on metal vibrations

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3