best work / play monitor?

super_teabag

Hey, so I've been searching for the best work / play monitor that's either Ultra Wide or 4k+ for programming, blender, UE5 and gaming. These are the main things I do for work and I need something that will not burn in.

I've noticed a trend on the higher end of monitors. Everything is going OLED and I'm really not a fan cuz I use my monitor for a lot of static content everyday.

My price range is below 1500 USD and so far my top pick is the slightly older but comprable `PG32UQXR` from Asus. So, if there's something out there that's slightly newer and comparable in features to this monitor let me know.

Or just share your opinion lol

2 minutes ago, super_teabag said:

Hey, so I've been searching for the best work / play monitor that's either Ultra Wide or 4k+ for programming, blender, UE5 and gaming. These are the main things I do for work and I need something that will not burn in.

I've noticed a trend on the higher end of monitors. Everything is going OLED and I'm really not a fan cuz I use my monitor for a lot of static content everyday.

My price range is below 1500 USD and so far my top pick is the slightly older but comprable `PG32UQXR` from Asus. So, if there's something out there that's slightly newer and comparable in features to this monitor let me know.

Or just share your opinion lol

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=384002160,344001440&P=2&sort=price&page=1&D=120000,540000&X=294,794135

My spouse loves this one. 49" DQHD (two 27" 1440p monitors stitched together into one panel) 120Hz 
https://www.amazon.com/AG493UCX2-Monitor-5120x1440-FreeSync-DisplayHDR/dp/B09WP74LPD/

The upgrade from that is currently WELL outside your price range at 3100$, but it looks so sick
https://www.samsung.com/au/monitors/gaming/odyssey-neo-g9-g95nc-57-inch-240hz-curved-dual-uhd-ls57cg952nexxy/

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Basically any 32" 4K IPS monitor would do the trick. If you don't care about HDR, the Gigabyte M32U is a good monitor that brings everything you'd need, except HDR, but is also significantly under your budget.

If you want to go towards the top-end of your budget, HDR is accessible. The Samsung Odyssey Neo G7 is a good option.

The Asus model you mentioned is great in some aspects, like HDR, but terrible in other aspects, like ghosting for example.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.