Can you hide your name on windows 11?

OnionRings

In the start menu on the bottom left where it displays your name, can you hide that? I use display capture when streaming and I tend to tab out with my windows key and not actual tab, so it pops up, and im small enough to not really fear somebody doxxing me or something and if anybody really wanted my information they could get it, but I would still like to hide it if possible. I tried changing the name on the microsoft account im logged in to, but that oddly didnt seem to work?

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

There is almost certainly a less crazy way of doing it, but the way it's setup on my system avoids showing the Windows name. First off, my Windows 11 install was with Rufus, so I was able to make a local account, so the name just shows up as "R0N0THAN". Second, since I absolutely despise the Windows 11 start menu and cannot fathom how anyone could bare to use it, use a tool called ExplorerPatcher to bring back the Windows 10 start menu, so it just looks like this when I hit the start key no name in sight unless I mouse over to the left side:

Spoiler

image.png.aa7864577dc771ae223d3b5bd8e95295.png

image.png.ed43026353d1db2885a9e2c08b247653.png

change your username
using your real name on your pc login is like what

15 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

There is almost certainly a less crazy way of doing it, but the way it's setup on my system avoids showing the Windows name. First off, my Windows 11 install was with Rufus, so I was able to make a local account, so the name just shows up as "R0N0THAN". Second, since I absolutely despise the Windows 11 start menu and cannot fathom how anyone could bare to use it, use a tool called ExplorerPatcher to bring back the Windows 10 start menu, so it just looks like this when I hit the start key no name in sight unless I mouse over to the left side:

Hide contents

image.png.aa7864577dc771ae223d3b5bd8e95295.png

image.png.ed43026353d1db2885a9e2c08b247653.png

I might do that, I don't *hate* the windows 11 but it does kinda bother me that its right in the middle, like why??

15 hours ago, OhYou_ said:

change your username
using your real name on your pc login is like what

Steps how could have helped, as I said I tried changing the name on the account and that didn't work.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

1 hour ago, OnionRings said:

as I said I tried changing the name on the account and that didn't work.

oh OH its a microsoft account isnt it? or did you use a bypass to create a local account not tied to a microsoft account/email
I am not sure how to either if thats the case because I use a local account.
Yeah, hopefully someone with a bit of experience with microsoft accounts would reply, but if not, maybe there is some documentation on microsoft forum on how to do it