Yes, Iris shaders with Minecraft Poisonous Potato (24w14potato) update is possible!

I just posted this on the r/Minecraft subreddit though thought I'd post this here too. 

I might be more than a day late but life got in the way!

If like me you prefer to play with shaders in order to make a snapshot playthrough something more long term then this is the post for you! I haven't yet seen a post related to getting this working and whilst I am sure a lot of people out there may know how to do this I also feel as though I should make others aware of it too! Keep reading below to reproduce this yourself.

r/Minecraft - Yes, Iris shaders with Minecraft Poisonous Potato (24w14potato) update is possible!

Before and after enabling shaders on 24w14potato Snapshot

Step 1 - Make sure the Minecraft Poisonous Potato (24w14potato) update is installed in the default Minecraft launcher (Download the 24w14potato snapshot and open it at least once, then close down the game and the launcher if it is still running).

Step 2 - Download the Universal Jar from Iris Shaders website. Make sure Java is installed to double-click this.

Step 3 - Open the Universal Jar that was just downloaded (Iris-Installer-3.2.0.jar) and select the game version - Look for '24w14potato' in the drop down. If done correctly the 'Use Distant Horizons beta version' check box should be disabled and there should also be text in yellow saying 'Warning: 24w14potato is a snapshot build and may lose support at any time'.

Step 4 - Select the installation type. In this case select 'Iris Only' (Unfortunately 'Iris + Fabric' will crash on launch) and make sure that the Installation Directory is set to the default .minecraft folder. Select Install!

Step 5 - Re-Open the Minecraft Launcher, inside the installation tab should now be a version called 'Iris & Sodium for 24w14potato'. Select Play and that's the installation complete! Go grab a shader and have fun!

In the case your block borders have now become really thick with a shader pack turned on, try with a texture pack. This sorted it for me. Only working for Java edition currently.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz