Installing a network printer 12 PC network using Server 2019

Yosh1

Hi,

looking at installing a network printer in a small office with 12 desktop computers connected to a Server running Server 2019.

Can I connect the printer to the network port and install on each computer as required or should I be doing it through the desktop running server 2019? (Not 100% sure but i'm thinking they are connected using active directory). 

Eh. Not a whole lot of confidence for a basic task. 

What I would do is connect the printer the server and just share it on the network.

Worst case scenario is downloading drivers from manufacturer. Although be really aware what you download and install.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Eh. Not a whole lot of confidence for a basic task. 

What I would do is connect the printer the server and just share it on the network.

Worst case scenario is downloading drivers from manufacturer. Although be really aware what you download and install.

Thanks.

Not done much with Server2019 to be honest. I usually work within the domestic IT as well as small businesses but a lot of it is on the cloud now. 

You can just reserve an IP for it and direct add it to each PC if you wish, yes. You might add it to the server if you want it available on the domain, or to use extra software for monitoring use etc.

Just now, whispous said:

You can just reserve an IP for it and direct add it to each PC if you wish, yes. You might add it to the server if you want it available on the domain, or to use extra software for monitoring use etc.

I'm aware there's group policy as well but I have been told they want to stop using the server really as they are storing files on the cloud now.

1 minute ago, Yosh1 said:

I'm aware there's group policy as well but I have been told they want to stop using the server really as they are storing files on the cloud now.

Then get that IP reserved on the DHCP server/router 🙂 Good to go!

Watch this video:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

On 4/3/2024 at 10:06 AM, Sir Asvald said:

Watch this video:

Thank you Sir.

I have been watching a few of his videos recently, trying to get my head around ADDS