CPU heat completely off-whack, with seemingly no cause.

Hi all. I've been having a heating problem with my custom PC for a while. The gist of the problem is that the heat of my CPU gets incredibly high (like, between 85-100°C high) for no apparent reason. I'll have Discord and a couple of Chrome tabs open, or just one app, and my fans start blowing extremely loud, with my performance also lagging. I'll check Task Manager, and displayed performance will be normal, something like 1-4% CPU usage. However, the CPU will get so hot, sometimes it thermal throttles. At one point, I replaced the thermal paste and blew out any dust, and the problem persisted. This continued for a while, and then completely disappeared for over a year for seemingly no reason. I was able to run multiple apps and a game at once with no issues. However, it's recently shown up again. Through testing, here's what I've discovered:

• My AIO seems to work. It makes funny noises sometimes, but I've checked, and at these high temps, both tubes feel like they have water flowing, and one is hot while the other is cool. I've also checked fans, they blow a good amount of cool air out of the top, and the radiator doesn't seem especially hot either. 
  • Again, this isn't a result of pushing my PC too hard. This pretty much never happens when I'm doing especially challenging things like running VR games or several applications at once, only at low workloads.
  • Likely not a result of misreadings, as both the area around the CPU and one of the AIO tubes get warm.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? My specs are as follows:

• Ryzen 7 5800X
  • MSI SUPRIM RTX 3070 Ti 
  • 32GB 3800mhz Trident Z RAM
  • MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS motherboard
  • Lian Li GALAHAD 240mm AIO

Help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Might also be important to mention that these aren't spikes: Immediately from boot, temps on several sensors go up to 85+ and stay like that.

4 minutes ago, olliek2 said:

as both the area around the CPU and one of the AIO tubes get warm.

Both of the tubes and radiator should be getting as warm as the coolant circulates through the system. If the radiator never gets warm, your pump is NOT working.

One tube will normally be warmer than the other due to heat losses in the radiator (normal), but it should have some heat to it.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

2 minutes ago, Kid.Lazer said:

Both of the tubes and radiator should be getting as warm as the coolant circulates through the system. If the radiator never gets warm, your pump is NOT working.

One tube will normally be warmer than the other due to heat losses in the radiator (normal), but it should have some heat to it.

Thanks for the reply. Neither tube is cool—I meant to say cool in comparison. One is lukewarm, the other is warm-warm. Radiator does get somewhat warm, just not extremely hot. It definitely could be the pump though.

2 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

The pump can still be operational, but experiencing a clog somewhere. That would be another cause of the issue to the radiator never getting warm.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 hours ago, olliek2 said:

Thanks for the reply. Neither tube is cool—I meant to say cool in comparison. One is lukewarm, the other is warm-warm. Radiator does get somewhat warm, just not extremely hot. It definitely could be the pump though.

How hot does the CPU block/pump get?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

How hot does the CPU block/pump get?

Pretty hot. Not "burn your hand" hot, but definitely noticeably warm.

9 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

The pump can still be operational, but experiencing a clog somewhere. That would be another cause of the issue to the radiator never getting warm.

Got this reply on another website. Thanks, I'll look into this.

18 minutes ago, olliek2 said:

Got this reply on another website. Thanks, I'll look into this.

Since you're using a Galahad 240, they had some issues with that fairly recently, depending on when yours was made. 

This clog/build-up seems likely based on the symptoms that you're experiencing.