Possible AIO leak?

SomeGhosts

Hey y’all! Drove a few hours to microcenter yesterday and just started the build today. Opened up the box on my AIO and saw this brown residue on the res. Should I move forward with install ? 

IMG_0723.jpeg

Where does it start from? Is it just in that area? If so, could just be dirt that somehow got on there during manufacturing that wasn't cleaned off.

Does it wipe off at all?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Where does it start from? Is it just in that area? If so, could just be dirt that somehow got on there during manufacturing that wasn't cleaned off.

Does it wipe off at all?

It’s only by that washer on the res, just tried to give it a wipe and the discoloration is still there 

Just now, SomeGhosts said:

It’s only by that washer on the res, just tried to give it a wipe and the discoloration is still there 

What did you wipe it with?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Looks like rust to me.

May have been fluid from the factory that was left on the outside.

What aio is this?

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

What did you wipe it with?

Alcohol and a small toothbrush.

its the lian-li GA II trinity 

1 minute ago, SomeGhosts said:

Alcohol and a small toothbrush.

its the lian-li GA II trinity 

Does it look like anything came off onto the toothbrush?

Does it look like anything came off onto the toothbrush?

No tooth brush is still clean as a whistle

No tooth brush is still clean as a whistle

My guess at this point(hard to tell from the photo exactly) is that it's just an unpainted area. Not sure exactly what material is used for the fitting itself, but could be brass.

Can you get a more clear photo of the area? I would advise the use of flash if you can.

My guess at this point(hard to tell from the photo exactly) is that it's just an unpainted area. Not sure exactly what material is used for the fitting itself, but could be brass.

Can you get a more clear photo of the area? I would advise the use of flash if you can.

IMG_0726.jpeg

2 minutes ago, SomeGhosts said:

Were the indentations already there?

5 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Were the indentations already there?

No I gave it a little scrape to see if it was corrosion. I’m also noticing some other things around the AIO that make me uneasy (bent fins on rear small gauge on fan), I’ll likely be returning and calling microcenter to see if they can arrange for a return by mail. Thank you so much for your help it is much appreciated! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

No I gave it a little scrape to see if it was corrosion. I’m always noticing some other things around the AIO that make me uneasy (bent fins on rear small gauge on fan), I’ll likely be returning and calling microcenter to see if they can arrange for a return by mail. Thank you so much for your help it is much appreciated! 

I would agree with returning it for the issues around the fitting, and the fan area too. It may have gotten damaged at the factory.

All those unsolved posts, nobody panics. But when someone says that one little AIO may be leaking, well, then everyone loses their minds.

6 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

All those unsolved posts, nobody panics. But when someone says that one little AIO may be leaking, well, then everyone loses their minds.

Huh, melodramatic. Then solve them. I do my best to make sure everything gets at least a look, and I'm sure there are plenty others. I hereby Appoint you, with no power invested in me, the solver of the unsolved! Huzzah! 😉

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

1 minute ago, RevGAM said:

Huh, melodramatic. Then solve them. I do my best to make sure everything gets at least a look, and I'm sure there are plenty others. I hereby Appoint you, with no power invested in me, the solver of the unsolved! Huzzah! 😉

I know you do, it was a joke.

14 minutes ago, BoomerL4D said:

Who lost their mind? 

18 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Who lost their mind? 

Me?

Oh, wait, I see it over there. Keeps slipping away from me. 🧠

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 3/31/2024 at 5:47 PM, SomeGhosts said:

Hey y’all! Drove a few hours to microcenter yesterday and just started the build today. Opened up the box on my AIO and saw this brown residue on the res. Should I move forward with install ? 

IMG_0723.jpeg

If you bought it new return