Kapersky left files in sysvol info

Sorry if this isn't the right section to post this under.

I had kapersky about a year ago. Didn't like it and decided to remove it about a month later.

Today I went to update my bios. While selecting drives to pull the file from, I noticed that kapersky was showing up in each and every drives system volume information folder.

File size is about 103mb each.

I don't recall kapersky ever running backups and I wouldn't have done it if it was an option. Files show up as "klBackupDepository.dat"

I'm not sure if I should be concerned about this or not. Going ahead and removing them all now.  I don't think an AV should be leaving files behind after removal.

I guess my question is if it's something to be concerned about. I removed kapersky because they had some controversy and were subsequently banned from use for government employees.

Edit: After granting myself permission to the sysvol info folder, still can't delete the kapersky folders. Tried with cmd and powershell also.

try revo uninstaller.

yeah... Kaspersky is a bit more than an "anti virus" heh... its also funny it acts like all these fearmongering paid avs continuesly warning of threats that aren't even there... "hey we we just wanted to *warn* you what happens if you uninstall..." yeah, sure buddy.

yes i also had this "av" for a short time, it blocked steam from launching (yes lol) it also deleted a Malwarebytes anti virus definition (lol...)

if it cant even distinguish between an av and a "definition" how the hell im supposed to trust it?  insta uninstall. 

oh, did i mention to use revo uninstaller? 🙂

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer