Windows 11 vs Windows 11 Education

07_Thijmen

I'm building a new Gaming PC and i need an Operating System for it. I can get a Windows 11 Education code for €12,50. What are the differences between Windows 11 and Windows 11 Education. Does it have the same features? Is it good for a Gaming PC? Can I install it the same as the normal Windows (Windows 11 Home/Pro)?

From what I understand, it's basically the same thing as Pro.

All the usual "buyer beware" disclaimers for key reseller sites apply. (There's no guarantee you aren't getting a stolen or re-re-re-resold key, or that the key you buy will work forever. If you have to use any "custom activation server", it's pirated and you shouldn't give them your money.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

With Windows 10 (assuming 11 Education is the same), the Microsoft website says that it is a very similar OS to standard editions, but it has different default settings (Cortana and Microsoft store are disabled by default) and it has some management features that are otherwise only present in Windows enterprise.

Windows 11 SE is not the same because it is cloud-based and I'd personally avoid this license.

2 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

From what I understand, it's basically the same thing as Pro.

All the usual "buyer beware" disclaimers for key reseller sites apply. (There's no guarantee you aren't getting a stolen or re-re-re-resold key, or that the key you buy will work forever. If you have to use any "custom activation server", it's pirated and you shouldn't give them your money.)

Well i can get it from a trustworthy site, where i need to log in with my school account. But my question is, if it is any different for gaming?

5 minutes ago, 07_Thijmen said:

Well i can get it from a trustworthy site, where i need to log in with my school account. But my question is, if it is any different for gaming?

Shouldn't be, unless you have to enroll your PC with your school's IT systems. If that's the case they might be able to control what you're allowed to install. 

But if it's just a discounted Windows license through your school, go for it!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

11 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Shouldn't be, unless you have to enroll your PC with your school's IT systems. If that's the case they might be able to control what you're allowed to install. 

But if it's just a discounted Windows license through your school, go for it!

No its just a discounted license, thanks!