rx 7900xtx model comparisons

ki8aras
Go to solution Solved by BoomerL4D,
49 minutes ago, Tetras said:

TPU reviewed the Merc310 and the Pulse for the 7900 XT (I don't know how applicable it is to the XTX) and they said the Merc is loud:

But, I think you should buy the XFX just because more X is better than less X and you're buying an XTX from XFX.

Mark as Solution!

59 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

hey everyone!

im looking into buying an rx 7900xtx, as im at the limit of my budget, im looking into the more budget cards

option 1: XFX Speedster MERC310 AMD Radeon™ RX 7900XTX

option 2: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7900 XTX AMD 24 GB

option 3:ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB GDDR6 Phantom Gaming OC

option 4:ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB GDDR6 Taichi OC

i had a bad experience with an xfx merc card (a 5700 xt) so i'm a bit reluctant to go with it, but they may have improved since then

thanks in advance!

In terms of construction, power, and overall quality, I would pick the Nitro+ for sure! However, in your list, the Asrock Taichi OC would be the better option.

hey everyone!

im looking into buying an rx 7900xtx, as im at the limit of my budget, im looking into the more budget cards

i had a bad experience with an xfx merc card (a 5700 xt) so i'm a bit reluctant to go with it, but they may have improved since then

thanks in advance!

Edited by ki8aras
added option 4

TPU reviewed the Merc310 and the Pulse for the 7900 XT (I don't know how applicable it is to the XTX) and they said the Merc is loud:

Our apples-to-apples cooler comparison test shows that Sapphire's RX 7900 XT Pulse comes with a cooling solution that's only slightly more powerful than the reference design cooler, which makes it weaker than many competing cards from other board partners. Nevertheless, Sapphire found amazing fan settings for their card. With less than 29 dBA, the card is almost whisper-quiet, yet temperatures are still good with 69°C. Other vendors are shooting for even lower temps (why?), and compromise on fan noise in the process. The XFX Merc 310 is very loud, much louder than the Sapphire Pulse, and the ASUS TUF has a huge, expensive cooler that's only marginally quieter than the Pulse. While other vendors are using a dual BIOS feature to offer some choice in terms of settings, Sapphire's card comes with a single BIOS only and that's perfectly fine. The fan settings are as good as they get—no need to mess around, just install the card and enjoy your games. As expected for a modern graphics card in 2023, the fans will stop spinning when not gaming, for the perfect noise-free experience.

But, I think you should buy the XFX just because more X is better than less X and you're buying an XTX from XFX.

9 minutes ago, Tetras said:

do you make a compelling point not gonna lie

49 minutes ago, Tetras said:

Mark as Solution!

59 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

hey everyone!

thanks in advance!

In terms of construction, power, and overall quality, I would pick the Nitro+ for sure! However, in your list, the Asrock Taichi OC would be the better option.

1 hour ago, ki8aras said:

hey everyone!

thanks in advance!

out of all the cards definitely the taichi

youll mainly see the difference only in the gpus cooler since you wont really see any real diffs between gpu models even under ln2 afaik