MSI Hawk 7870 Crossfire Temperatures

Hey so I recently bought an xfx double d 7870 off my friend and it is now in crossfire with a MSI Hawk 7870.

I was wondering what temps is everyone getting with the hawk because mine is a bit off...

With the xfx on top and msi on the bottom, with 3d mark 11, xfx peaks at 80 degree Celsius with the msi peaking at 97.......

A tad bit hot for the bottom card isn't it?

Any thoughts?

Note both cards have a bit of dust in them. I am cleaning them tomorrow so I will update the temps later.

And yes the temps are correct. I measured with MSI afterburner and CCC

How hot did your MSi 7870 run prior to Crossfire? 

I hate to be 'that' guy, but what case do you have, and is MSi's fan control on auto or manual? What I find with my GPU is that even when temps run high, my fan speed rarely goes above 60%. Have you tried putting your fan speed on 100% and running the benchmark? 

From what I can see it looks like the XFX disperses heat back into the case and not out of the back, and with the MSi being the closest thing it seems feasibly that the extra heat could come from that. 

I did a few google searches and it does seem odd, more people complain about the XFX overheating than the MSi, claiming that the cooler sucks. 

Ryzen 7600X | MSI Trio X 3080 | 3440x1440p asus vg34vql1b | Antec HCG 850 | 1TB WD Blue SSD | 500GB Aorus Elite | Asus B650 Strix A

You will be relying on case airflow, just make sure you have a positive air pressure in one direction to remove the heat from the case, typically front to back.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I made my own fan curve with having it around 30% until 30. 50% at 70. 80% at 80. 100% at 85

As originally before crossfire, i do not remember the temps... but later today I am gonna run each card separate and see what temps i get. And yes i know I am relying on case airflow, And by the way, you will get worst performance with positive and negative airflow. The best is to have the airflows balanced. Note i do have my side panel off, yes I do lose some airflow but its better for the msi gpu when it is on bottom.

I was expecting really hot temps but the MSI is a bit on the high side in BF4 and a bit dangerous in 3D mark 11 hitting 97. I will be dusting my case out later afternoon and seeing if i can get cooler temps both and separate. 

So I dusted out my computer with a blower and my MSI temps peak at 83 in 3d mark 11 which is perfect. A full 16 degrees lower, so ya. My xfx cooler still runs cooler but oh well. as long both cards never hit 85, then im good.

Man dust is a pain