PSU failure.. Ordered a new one, and it fried within 24 hours.

So, my dad has a Cyberpower desktop computer that is about 4 years old i believe, and we have had issues with it for about 2 years now. It used to have a 6700 XT then it bricked, and i had to give him my old GTX 980. Now, it stopped working entirely about a week ago (Would turn on at all, no LEDS, no fan movement, nothing), it looked like it was a power supply issue, so i had him take it in to a local computer store to test it and see if it was the PSU or the MOBO, they said it was the PSU, so he ordered a new one and i installed it yesterday. Got the computer to post, run a game for a few minutes, it looked gold. Then, i wake up this morning and its bricked again. My first thoughts are that its probably the power strip/brick that its running off of, but, no other devices there are having issues, and all are fully functioning. Aside from that, im wondering it is the MOBO or something else i havent considered. Any and all input or thoughts would be very welcomed! Thanks ahead of time y'all ❤️

15 minutes ago, Thororn said:

My first thoughts are that its probably the power strip/brick that its running off of, but, no other devices there are having issues, and all are fully functioning.

Yeah then it's not that.

Specs of the whole thing? And what PSU was installed/what's the new one? take pics if you're unsure ~

Caroline doesn't need to hear all this, she's a highly trained professional.

42 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Yeah then it's not that.

Specs of the whole thing? And what PSU was installed/what's the new one? take pics if you're unsure ~

Its a Ryzen 3700X, GTX980, ASRock B450-AM MOBO, 32gb Viber RGB ram, the new PSU is a Corsair 650w gold, the old one was a coolermaster psu 500w i believe, we dont have it anymore. Aside from that just a WB 1tb SSD and a 2tb hard drive.