Help with some sketchy stuff

Levinrin

Hey so my last post I was curious if my board died and since then I have got a new board the asrock b460 pro4 so I could just do a motherboard swap however I need wifi which the new board lacks but as I was dismantling my old board for fun I found the wifi card plugs into a pci lane in the back io so I'm curious with maybe some modification could i get it on my new board and would it work? Also I'm only asking coz money is a issue

20240328_122501.jpg

20240328_122449.jpg

20240328_122445.jpg

20240328_122436.jpg

That looks like Mini PCIe, formerly used for laptop expansion slots before M.2 NGFF came along. You could easily find a PCIe x1 to Mini adapter.

Edit: If your new board has M.2 WiFi slot, you don't even need an adapter, just plug it in there.

9 minutes ago, Levinrin said:

I'm curious with maybe some modification could i get it on my new board and would it work?

If you figure out a way to disassemble the shroud for the WiFi card, you should hopefully be able to pop it in your new motherboard in this slot:

Spoiler

image.png.1421cef8a99d9d056af9761ef24bf652.png

As @RONOTHAN##mentioned the only slot it has a chance at working in is the dedicated E-Key M.2 slot, however that's an AX201, not an AX200 card. Meaning it would need a board with specific CNVi support which that board does not make clear if it supports or not. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026155/wireless.html

That board only mentions:

image.png.dead24e26a2a8037fa988b866ccaa480.png

YMMV if that works or not. Might need an AX200/210 module.