Do you think Arctic can release a standard mount for the LGA1851 in the future

Feconi

Good afternoon! I was glad when the news came out about the release of the new Arctic Liquid Freezer III, but unfortunately, I noticed that the mount for the LGA 1851 is a Contact Frame.

Intel says the maximum dynamic compression force for the LGA 1851 socket has increased from 489.5 N to 923 N, an increase of 89 percent, so that the LGA 1851 will not have a problem with the CPU cover sparking. Therefore, using the Contact Frame with the LGA 1851 brings nothing but the danger of damage to the components or lose the warranty.

Probably not. Their contact frame is fine and uses the official spec for mounting force from intel as long as it is installed according to the manual.

Lga 1851 funnily enough has a similar flexing of the board issue as lga1700. Lesser of course as intel did make improvements but its still there and seems arctic went for a perma fix option  by just have a plate.

1 hour ago, Feconi said:

Good afternoon! I was glad when the news came out about the release of the new Arctic Liquid Freezer III, but unfortunately, I noticed that the mount for the LGA 1851 is a Contact Frame.

Intel says the maximum dynamic compression force for the LGA 1851 socket has increased from 489.5 N to 923 N, an increase of 89 percent, so that the LGA 1851 will not have a problem with the CPU cover sparking. Therefore, using the Contact Frame with the LGA 1851 brings nothing but the danger of damage to the components or lose the warranty.

Why would they ? There's no danger with a contact frame, and it can only improve the chip "straightness"

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

28 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Probably not. Their contact frame is fine and uses the official spec for mounting force from intel as long as it is installed according to the manual.

Lga 1851 funnily enough has a similar flexing of the board issue as lga1700. Lesser of course as intel did make improvements but its still there and seems arctic went for a perma fix option  by just have a plate.

"as long as it is installed according to the manual" The manual do not say how many degrees you need to screw the contact frame. This means that the user can easily overtighten and end up with a broken motherboard or under-tighten. 

Example:

image.png.87220bfccb3efa6ebaf80ea9dc743505.png

28 minutes ago, jaslion said:

If you tighten the screws even a little more, it can cause damage to the motherboard

Example:

image.png.3b459831d4ec076a292f205a4278ffe5.png

18 hours ago, Feconi said:

"as long as it is installed according to the manual" The manual do not say how many degrees you need to screw the contact frame. This means that the user can easily overtighten and end up with a broken motherboard or under-tighten. 

Example:

That is the joy of buying many products that have to be screwed in place - not enough info. 

I used the TR BCF LGA1700 even though I didn't really need it in order to see what would happen and make a video. It is very easy to install a BCF from any maker unless you are one of those people who habitually over-tighten. Once the resistance changes from mild to strong, which happens quickly, you stop. Try jiggling the frame. If it doesn't move, you are done. 

Unlike working on a car engine, hand-tightening anything mounted to plastic always has the risk of cracking it, so exert prudence.  

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

16 hours ago, Feconi said:

Example:

They have screw stops on these the only way to overdo it is if you simply just keep screwing with A LOT of force. Something you can so on any cooler and something that will wreck any cooler.