Fastest way to spread the word of folding to non tech users.

On 3/26/2024 at 8:44 PM, kasdashd said:

But the mobile dreamlab app stops folding when the phone get too hot, so it doesn’t wear and tear too much. Of course the designers have thought about this, and the phone is being heavily underutilized for this app anyway.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, running the app still increases strain on the battery and device. There is no way im going to leave a $1,200 phone with the screen on risking burn in while it's running tasks and causing the phone to get hot and add to the cycling of the battery. I am willing to bet this is a common sentiment with the people you would be trying to get involved. 

On 3/26/2024 at 8:43 PM, kasdashd said:

Some of us still live at home, where we don’t pay our parents extra for a higher power bill, or don’t pay them at all, if we’re under 18. And sorry, if you can’t afford that extra power, then your budget is too tight, and you gotta fix your economy.

You want to advocate for people to get involved with these projects and this is your mentality? You seem to be a bit out of touch with the economy and current inflation. It's nice that you live at home and can spend your parents money so freely, not all of us had that luxury and had parents that worked extremely hard for what we had. I remember my mom growing up having to crawl into the house because her back was in so much pain after working all day. She saved and worked extremely hard to afford what we had and to still take me to cool places. So you better believe that saving a few dollars on power could make a difference in our lives. 

On 3/27/2024 at 4:34 AM, kasdashd said:

I don’t wanna waste time discussing folding in general. If you don’t have any other suggestions on how to spread the word of folding, then we’re done here.

On 3/27/2024 at 4:36 AM, kasdashd said:

Yes, uncool, but that’s my decision. Thanks for all the suggestions. I now consider this matter closed.

All of these posts have been valid answers to your original question and why getting more people involved is more complicated than it sounds. From your responses you don't seem to want to accept the reality that it's a niche project to be involved in and it always will be. It's great that you want more people to be involved, but there are realities of being involved with the project that aren't as simple as just telling someone to do it. Everything has a cost. From the sounds of it you are still very young, down the road i'm sure you'll get a better understanding of what people have tried to explain. I know what I was still in high school and living at home I never understood how all the different costs add up surprisingly quick. It wasn't until I moved out at 17 to go to school and after 2 years had an office clerk fail to complete a single checkbox causing me to lose my financial aid. I had to max a credit card to not lose the credits from that semester and find an apartment that I could afford from what I made at Taco Bell and what my now wife made at little caesars. Talk about a reality check, 12 years later im glad it happened and completely changed the way I look at things. I hope you get a reality check, it can honestly make a huge difference in the long term.

Good luck with what you are trying to do.

I'm at the top in a fair amount of gaming-related discord servers, I have a folding discord status that pops up on my profile whenever I'm away from my PC. I've had a fair amount of people ask me more about it, and most of these folks also have gaming hardware to fold on as well.

Desktop: Built July 10, 2020; Upgraded March 2023

Ryzen 5 7600, EVGA FTW3 RTX3080 10GB, MSI PRO x670-P mobo, 2x16GB DDR5 5600MHz, 4TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 512GB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD, EVGA SuperNova 1000W PSU

Laptop: Asus Zephyrus G14

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660ti, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, 2TB SSD

Folding Rig:

Intel i7-7700, MSI RTX2070, ZOTAC RTX2070 Super, DELL RTX3080, ASUS B250 Mining Expert, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Corsair 1000W PSU

Camera: Canon SL2 (200D)

50mm 1:1.8 II | Sigma 18-250mm 1:3.5-6.3

PCPartPicker F@H