Wi-Fi question

How do I connect to the Wi-Fi without using an Ethernet cable? I plugged in an antenna, but it isn’t connecting.

image.thumb.jpeg.504a256411359f676fab22145abefd48.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.72d9c997a302e989d924d8c8547334ec.jpeg

Wifi doesn't just happen if the PC is in the house. If you have your wifi card's drivers installed you have to enable it in Windows then select your network / insert your password. 

1 minute ago, JDP said:

@GuiltySpark_ 

Where can I see the drivers?

Is this a new build? If you didn't install anything for Wifi drivers then you can assume they are not installed and you might as well grab them. You'd need to know what motherboard you have, then they will be on its support page. 

If you want to check if something is installed, it would be in Device Manager in the Network Adapters section. You can launch Device Manager by right clicking the start button or hitting start and just searching for device manager. 

11 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Is this a new build? If you didn't install anything for Wifi drivers then you can assume they are not installed and you might as well grab them. You'd need to know what motherboard you have, then they will be on its support page. 

If you want to check if something is installed, it would be in Device Manager in the Network Adapters section. You can launch Device Manager by right clicking the start button or hitting start and just searching for device manager. 

It is a new build. I have the gigabyte x ax b650 am5. Also how do I get them if my pc doesn’t have wifi?

1 minute ago, JDP said:

It is a new build. I have the gigabyte x ax b650 am5. When I go to the website, I only see audio drivers. Also how do I get them if my pc doesn’t have wifi?

You'll need another PC with working internet and a thumb drive. 

This is annoying but something we have to do with everyone who buys that board. Gigabyte, for some reason, released 6, yes 6 variants of that board. They primarily changed the Wifi chip in each revision, for some reason. 

You'll need to tell us what revision of B650 Gaming X AX that you have. From 1.0 through 1.5. 

The best place to go would be the sticker on the motherboards box, it'll say something like "Rev 1.5" probably near a barcode. if not, you'll need to see if its stamped on the bottom left of the motherboard. 

image.thumb.png.5015dd6bfc09bffa83f41a4008382c48.png

2 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

You'll need another PC with working internet and a thumb drive. 

This is annoying but something we have to do with everyone who buys that board. Gigabyte, for some reason, released 6, yes 6 variants of that board. They primarily changed the Wifi chip in each revision, for some reason. 

You'll need to tell us what revision of B650 Gaming X AX that you have. From 1.0 through 1.5. 

The best place to go would be the sticker on the motherboards box, it'll say something like "Rev 1.5" probably near a barcode. if not, you'll need to see if its stamped on the bottom left of the motherboard. 

image.thumb.png.5015dd6bfc09bffa83f41a4008382c48.png

Rev 1.5

remember to install chipset drivers first or it won't work.