Question - Setting up another area to access the same PC in home?

Remusion

Hi there!

First of all, new to the forums so I apologize if this isn't the correct place for this. I'll do my best to describe what I'm looking to set up - if it's even possible. My technical knowledge pretty much begins and ends entirely within the  PC sphere, with a sprinkling of home networking mixed in - so I'm a bit out of my current depth with this.

So essentially I'm wondering if it's possible to set up another desk, two monitors, and another set of peripherals in another area of my house and be able to switch between the two areas at will. Basically, I'm working up beside the PC during the day but in the evenings while gaming with friends or otherwise talking in VC, it's a bit of an issue trying to talk quietly as our walls are thin as paper. The rest of my housemates are all early risers and early to bed and I know that I've kept them up before.

Ideally, I'd love to be able to have two monitors, a keyboard, a mouse, and a little USB hub or something that I could take my mic down into the basement to use at night so I wouldn't bother anyone being up late. I've mapped out a few different routes for cables and it's looking like it would be somewhere between 18 and 20 meters. Now I'm pretty sure stuff like the USB would be ok from what I've read but I also have seen that DP cables suffer after about 15m? On top of this, I'd rather not have to physically switch the cables out each time I wanted to move downstairs however I'm not opposed to it if it's the only way / much cheaper than other solutions. I should say as well that I would ideally like to keep it decently cheap - I don't have a few grand I can throw at this right now.

The other issue is that the basement is the perfect spot for VR. I've got the Quest 2 and play on Airlink just fine on the middle floor - where the router (Asus RT-AX57) is. I also planned on hardwiring an equally speedy access point down there as well so that I could utilize the large space for VR. The reason I bring this up is that a friend suggested a solution involving Parsec but I was wondering if something along these lines would even be viable to consider as I'm not aware if running Parsec and also the Airlink would be too much for our current set up and introduce choppiness.

I'm open to hearing any and all solutions - big and small, simple and complex, expensive or cheap - just so that I can be a bit more aware as to what goes into something like this - assuming it's possible in the first place. Appreciate greatly anyone who takes the time to read through this. Thanks.

Those are definitely pricey but it's good to know what I'm looking at cost-wise either way. Does anyone else have ideas about this? Would love to hear if there are alternate solutions to what I have in my head.