Does this Titan X (Maxwell) Run Hot

68EC000

Hi

Do you think the Titan X (Maxwell) is running a bit hot & needs the Thermal Paste changed or just leave it

I ran Furmark just for 2 mins i don't know if these results are good, didn't want to do it for too long in-case the Titan x stops working

Case Thermaltake Core V51 (2 front fans, 1 back fan)

I picked up a Titan X for £70 as Sniper Elite 4 & Arma 3 was really choppy at 1080p Ultra (Anti-Aliasing Off)on the R9 270x (2gb) which Ive had since 2013😳

Have to say the Titan X runs SE4 & Arma amazing at 1080p Ultra (Anti-Aliasing Off) really smooth for hours without any hiccups,

heard this card can be temperamental & go out  with a bang as its a founders edition fan version 😲

Titan 0.jpg

TITAN X.gif

CPU 0.jpg

CPU 2.jpg

CPU 4.jpg

CPU 5.jpg

CPU 6.jpg

Temps are high as expected BUT if you like the card, might want to replace pads and paste just to be safe (and maybe extract more performance). You can also BIOS mod Maxwell cards (and they overclock pretty damn good).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Given that it's a decade old, a repaste/repad wouldn't hurt. You could even try that K5 that Alex loves and Linus loathes instead of trying to source the appropriate pad thicknesses

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

54 minutes ago, 68EC000 said:

founders edition fan version 😲

Those coolers are borderline ok for the GPU. I have the consumer version in the form of 980 Ti also reference design, and even when new it was borderline running off the thermal limiter. You can try repasting if you want but don't expect it to help much.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

the temps look correct.
if you want them lower, you will need to raise the gpu fan speed.
there are various tools to do that, one good one is msi afterburner.
or like others said mod the bios to change the default fan curve.
Understand that by raising the fan speed the card will be a lot louder, but it will cool much better and run at a lower temp.

tbh 90c hotspot is fine, when its 105c+ is when you need to take action