Mechanical keyboard with media controls

Xiphoid

Hi, first time here, I am looking to get a new keyboard as my G915 is starting to have problems, I am looking for something hotswapable preferably that comes as a barebones, full size with numpad is requied and I would really like to have dedicated media contols (Play pause skip back/forwards).

I have checked keychron and a few other brands and cannot find anything with the media controls, am I just asking for too much?

40 minutes ago, Xiphoid said:

I have checked keychron and a few other brands and cannot find anything with the media controls, am I just asking for too much?

The Q6 has four switches above the numpad. Those are not a part of a standard full size layout, so you can use them for media controls if you want. 

:)

There's quite a few options that I'm seeing over on mechanicalkeyboards.com. A lot of them don't necessarily have the correct labels, but it seems most of them can be reconfigured in software to be standard media keys, just find one you like and make sure it has the features you want. Welcome to the forums.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/collections/full-size-keyboards?page=1

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W || NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler || MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard || CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) || SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 || SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2280 500GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 || Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive || MSI RTX 3080 GAMING Z TRIO 10G LHR || Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black ATX Flexible Dark Tinted Tempered Glass Window || Seasonic FOCUS GX-850, 850W 80+ Gold, Full-Modular || Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit || Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Wireless Optical Mouse || Input Club K-Type w/ Ajazz Kiwi Switches

Thanks for the responses, I fogot to mentione the need for wireless but I will look through the links given.

3 hours ago, Xiphoid said:

Thanks for the responses, I fogot to mentione the need for wireless but I will look through the links given.

Q6 Max is wireless, does have a knob version for media controls (volume, pause/play) plus four extra buttons that are freely programmable. You don't even need extra software for that, as the boards (like most customs/better pre-builds) are VIA/QMK compatible. So you can even do that with Chrome nowadays.