Good USB-C Headphones

cooky560

As the title suggests, can anyone recommend a decent pair of wired, usb-c headphones that will work with iPhone 15.

I am looking to use them largely for travelling, so I don't want to have to mess around with charging both my headphones and my phone.

I like a balanced sound signature, some but not crazy bass, and a good clean sound especially for music.

Budget $300.

Honestly get the adapter and permanently leave it on like some 3.5mm buds. The apple earpods btw are usb c now too and sound pretty decent really.

However BE CAREFULL unlike the 3.5mm jack where twisting and turning is ok as the plug can move and the jack is deep and quite sturdy a usb c port IS NOT STRONG. It isn't too hard to damage it with having buds plugged in and for example having it in your pocket, you go sit down and the usb c buds bend up harshly in the port.

I've seen broken charging ports this way a bit too often for my liking already. Or whilst simply using the device in your pocket whilst walking.

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Honestly get the adapter and permanently leave it on like some 3.5mm buds. The apple earpods btw are usb c now too and sound pretty decent really.

However BE CAREFULL unlike the 3.5mm jack where twisting and turning is ok as the plug can move and the jack is deep and quite sturdy a usb c port IS NOT STRONG. It isn't too hard to damage it with having buds plugged in and for example having it in your pocket, you go sit down and the usb c buds bend up harshly in the port.

I've seen broken charging ports this way a bit too often for my liking already. Or whilst simply using the device in your pocket whilst walking.

From my experience if I sit on any port it will bend... Sit on a 3.5mm jack connection and it'll bend it not break. Sort of obvious, redundant advice everyone should already know...

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

2 minutes ago, venomtail said:

From my experience if I sit on any port it will bend... Sit on a 3.5mm jack connection and it'll bend it not break. Sort of obvious, redundant advice everyone should already know...

Yes and it bending is fine the 3.5mm jack can handle it. It's more that any small or big bend repeatedly destroys a usb c port. The 3.5mm jack has been far better at handling these. Hence why I am warning op that one big bend can simply wreck the port.

I've replaced many usb c ports already from people simply twisting their chargers too hard and whatnot. Some from usb c (and also previously lightning) adapters to 3.5 with just general use. These ports simply don't handle it well.

You should really just buy the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm adapter. Replacing a $9 adapter is a lot better than having a pair of $300 headphones that only work with USB-C.

I don't have any over-ear or on-ear headphone recommendations, but I love IEMs.

Final Audio makes great bullet-style ones. Any of the E-series are great. I personally own the E5000, but cheaper ones are a better value with respective to crinacle's opinion versus price.

https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/

I recently picked up the 7Hz Timeless and I've fallen back in love with audio. The only problem is that it's a bizarre shape. Really large with a short nozzle, so it doesn't work with a lot of people. If it fits you fine, then you're going to be in audio heaven - planar magnetic drivers in an IEM! Insane!

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |