9 fans, hub, but no speed control?

ramm

I just tested them on a spare power supply and the quality seems really good, they look and feel the same as any corsair fan or cooler master fan i've ever had. Maybe actually even better. They are quiet, alot of airflow especially when putting 3 next to each other, the rgb lights are great. They feel like any other quality fan. But the only thing im worried about is if it's gonna be enough for the cpu.

Im thinking of maybe using them for the case itself, since airflow seems pretty decent. And then for CPU cooler/radiator I just use the fans that come with it. Since its mostly important that the CPU fans can speed up if required, but if the entire case has a decent normal airflow this should be enough right?

1 hour ago, ramm said:

The Lian Li 011 holds 10 fans

But yeah, the connector and speed control has been a huge oversight. I was worried about build quality, metal plastic but didnt expect for a simple 5 cent plug to be lacking

Lol... you may not need 10 fans.  Unless you've managed to arrange them perfectly, they may cause dead spots, overheating and/or recirculation. 

Is it still within the return period?

41 minutes ago, ramm said:

Im thinking of maybe using them for the case itself, since airflow seems pretty decent. And then for CPU cooler/radiator I just use the fans that come with it. Since its mostly important that the CPU fans can speed up if required, but if the entire case has a decent normal airflow this should be enough right?

You could. They are too low power for a cooler, really. 

As for quality, it is not easy to determine that without a lot of knowledge and dissecting fans. You can make some inferences, though. 

For example, are the fan blades made of rigid plastic that won't snap or deform under stress? If you abruptly cut off power, how long does the fan take to spin down (longer is better), which implies bearing quality. What type of bearing is it? What are the MTTF and warranty? How much airflow and or static pressure? If noise is a concern, how loud does it get? With knowledge, you can evaluate the design of the prop and frame. 

I'm not saying I'm an expert!

Edited by RevGAM
Added more

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂