Need for a nice hardware monitor.

I am on Debian and I am looking for a good hardware monitor. Hwinfo is only command line for some reason and I want a nice GUI with many features. I want to be able to monitor power usage of all the components, temps, clock speeds, etc in realtime.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

If you mean in-game then Mangohud (can also log) 

No GUI but you can easily control stuff by editing the config file.

14 minutes ago, WereCat said:

No not in-game. Something like Hwinfo on Windows.

Microsoft owns my soul.

7 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

No not in-game. Something like Hwinfo on Windows.

IDK about a single tool that can do this and with a GUI. Most of the good ones run in the terminal like BTOP for example. For GPU you can use Corectrl (not sure how it works or if at all if you have NVIDIA card though).

For Ryzen 5000 and newer you'll also probably need Zen3power to be able to monitor CPU power usage.

What is your system spec?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

29 minutes ago, WereCat said:

You can also use GOverlay to configure it rather than just modifying the config file directly.

2 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

You can also use GOverlay to configure it rather than just modifying the config file directly.

Looks good. First time I see this. I just bound Mangohud config file to open with Super+Space so that I can do quick edits whenever I need 😄 

1 hour ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

I am on Debian and I am looking for a good hardware monitor. Hwinfo is only command line for some reason and I want a nice GUI with many features. I want to be able to monitor power usage of all the components, temps, clock speeds, etc in realtime.

msi afterburner

1 minute ago, bal723 said:

msi afterburner

its available on Linux?

Microsoft owns my soul.

There are a number of tools to monitor hardware on linux less with a nice GUI, but you can hook them into a dashboard with some work. 

Have you used GNOME System Monitor tool?

8 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

its available on Linux?

didn't read, sorry

10 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

There are a number of tools to monitor hardware on linux less with a nice GUI, but you can hook them into a dashboard with some work. 

Have you used GNOME System Monitor tool?

I am not using gnome. Only i3wm. I found CPU-X which is better than I thought, but it doesn't report CPU power consumption and is not able read voltages for some reason. I really do want to know my package power because my clock speed is actually messed up and I am figuring it out.

Microsoft owns my soul.

4 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

I am not using gnome. Only i3wm. I found CPU-X which is better than I thought, but it doesn't report CPU power consumption and is not able read voltages for some reason. I really do want to know my package power because my clock speed is actually messed up and I am figuring it out.

https://github.com/sosy-lab/cpu-energy-meter

Google search for the tools you are looking for is very useful.  Good luck!  Things might not exist in the GUI form you want, and may require work on your end to implement.

8 hours ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

Conky is for displaying whatever you want as a desktop overlay widget kind of thing.

Other than that KDE has systemmonitor - similar to windows Task Manager, gnome has similar IIRC too.

Anything you can get in a terminal you can make conky show, if you are just doing diagnostics.

I've used psensor on my Mint computer but is much more basic than something like speccy on windows, I would be interested in a better gui option too.

Listens to WAN show while doing dishes. 😊 Living in 2024 with a tech attitude stuck in 2010.