(LiveKernelEvent 144) Help with debugging

KaiAurora

Hi,

I am trying to debug a hardware issue where all my USB devices will disconnect or reset, its happened twice now and the second time was when I opened Discord. (Not sure about the first as it happened on boot). The error in the reliability monitor is:

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	LiveKernelEvent
Code:	144
Parameter 1:	1005
Parameter 2:	fffff308216dd730
Parameter 3:	0
Parameter 4:	0
OS version:	10_0_22631
Service Pack:	0_0
Product:	256_1
OS Version:	10.0.22631.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:	2057

Now this doesn't show much information here, I am quite techy when it comes to these things but I am not sure about finding the details or what error "1005" means specifically. I've checked the folder "C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports" and there is a new folder called "USBXHCI" which was created at the time of the error but the folder is empty, so this pointed me to an issue with USB devices somewhere.

Specs:

MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi DDR 5

Intel 13900k

64GB Corsair Dominator

RTX 3090 Ti

I recently had issues with games constantly crashing and an error was reported by memtest86. I've recently replaced my memory, I've also set my CPU to stock as using default setting by the motherboard it set the power limits to unlimited and it was overheating but is no longer the case. I have since run memtest86 again for 10 hours with zero reported errors.

Also to note I reinstalled Windows 11 again yesterday, I have the latest drivers installed at this point in time.

Is there a guide on how I can specifically find out the cause of this error or what it is likely to be?