What does it mean when the product page of a speaker says "x watts peak power"?

Mahbub

So i am thinking to purchase creative pebble v2 usb powered speakers. The product page says that in normal mode it goes to 8watts of power, and when switched to high gain mode, it can go upto 16 watts peak power, the website says for high gain mode, a 5v 2a adapter is necessary. What i am curious to know that if in high gain mode it goes to 16 watts of peak power, then why does product page recomments connecting to 5v 2a, which is 10 watts, adapter for high gain? shouldnt i use an adapter thats like 16 watts or more??

https://us.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-pebble-v2

P.M.P.O, peak power something output. The top end of the speaker volume level before it starts to clip, pop, whatever. 

Those speakers are utter trash btw.

1 minute ago, Motifator said:

P.M.P.O, peak power something output. The top end of the speaker volume level before it starts to clip, pop, whatever. 

Those speakers are utter trash btw.

I dont have money for a better speaker, the other i am getting here is edifier r12u which is even worse.. and ill only use it for lectures and light gaming  😞 , btw so will a 5v2a adapter suffice or i need to go for a more powerful adapter?

It will all add up, adapters, cabling... you gonna hate it if you ever buy it, it will be bought for suffering. This is my honest input on it. Sure, it's ok for 5 minutes of sound, beyond that it will start to irritate you for sucking so much.

Do not buy anything from that brand. They were never really good to begin with. Back when I was small, they had better toys. Nowadays? Heck no.

You have to save up:

https://www.amazon.com/Sanyun-Active-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B088CZ2R8Y/ref=sr_1_12?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.9n1c2yN73St-kUz_U7BlENwfwdopiOI9KHw-WWhZirSGS-JpscnxPymuWRMXuy1bFr3a-6LL1vVywfIatAWrgENJtPso_26Cvbb4GIHhbyAcXF2bZPuA36GEzsua9LyDEir2nJdjAls8PVwvcpBK7kH991IVsOCOskdyl7xeHYRRXc-7tB-9baGwqZ9svjfE-tGAhF63NjU1y1bQAQUjO1drDrO6RM35I_n-4Ing6ZU.jqdRsNqvDjfBivJmEqxkfYlpeDAeiFW36rBcD8eRnmk&dib_tag=se&keywords=active%2Bspeakers&qid=1710483563&sr=8-12&th=1

1 minute ago, Motifator said:

It will all add up, adapters, cabling... you gonna hate it if you ever buy it, it will be bought for suffering. This is my honest input on it. Sure, it's ok for 5 minutes of sound, beyond that it will start to irritate you for sucking so much.

Do not buy anything from that brand. They were never really good to begin with. Back when I was small, they had better toys. Nowadays? Heck no.

You have to save up:

https://www.amazon.com/Sanyun-Active-Bluetooth-Bookshelf-Speakers/dp/B088CZ2R8Y/ref=sr_1_12?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.9n1c2yN73St-kUz_U7BlENwfwdopiOI9KHw-WWhZirSGS-JpscnxPymuWRMXuy1bFr3a-6LL1vVywfIatAWrgENJtPso_26Cvbb4GIHhbyAcXF2bZPuA36GEzsua9LyDEir2nJdjAls8PVwvcpBK7kH991IVsOCOskdyl7xeHYRRXc-7tB-9baGwqZ9svjfE-tGAhF63NjU1y1bQAQUjO1drDrO6RM35I_n-4Ing6ZU.jqdRsNqvDjfBivJmEqxkfYlpeDAeiFW36rBcD8eRnmk&dib_tag=se&keywords=active%2Bspeakers&qid=1710483563&sr=8-12&th=1

these speakers u suggested arent here in India. and i have no desk space too lol plus i need something immediately, i am getting these speakers for 6 months, or max a year, they ill get the presonus eris, for now i need something cheap and quick, btw so will a 10w adapter suffice or its like 16 watts or more

1 minute ago, Mahbub said:

these speakers u suggested arent here in India. and i have no desk space too lol plus i need something immediately, i am getting these speakers for 6 months, or max a year, they ill get the presonus eris, for now i need something cheap and quick, btw so will a 10w adapter suffice or its like 16 watts or more

Eris sucks as well. There are better speakers than the Eris in its $50 segment.

Link us to some websites where you order this stuff, don't tell me you honestly want to waste your family's hard earned cash on Creative speakers.

7 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Eris sucks as well. There are better speakers than the Eris in its $50 segment.

Link us to some websites where you order this stuff, don't tell me you honestly want to waste your family's hard earned cash on Creative speakers.

i have only 30 dollars max now, and i need a speaker lol or how will i listen to audio, anything good here starts at like 150 dollars...

Ask your family? Really this sounds like you're throwing school lunch money at speakers.

Priorities, remember? You don't buy speakers like bottles of water.

9 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Ask your family? Really this sounds like you're throwing school lunch money at speakers.

Priorities, remember? You don't buy speakers like bottles of water.

but 150 dollars plus is such a big price jump tho lol.. ehat speakers do u recommend.. should b small

IDK, need a website from India. There are better alternatives to the Presonus.

Presonus makes great interfaces, speakers... not that great.

Edifier might work actually in this very case.

Maybe you can look at what exists on the used marked? Or if anyone you know have some speakers they dont use/are getting rid of?

Edited by Mihle

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

16 hours ago, Mihle said:

Maybe you can look at what exists o. The used marked? Or if anyone you know have some speakers they dont use/are getting rid of?

I agree with Mihle. At this price, used speakers are basically your only chance to get something that is not bad.