Cloning HDD (320gb) to M.2 (256gb) smaller drive conundrum

68EC000

Hi

Bit of a problem I was using a Temporary cheap laptop 320gb HDD (5,400rpm)馃槦 in my PC (r5 1600x 16gb 270x) until i got a m.2 drive (256gb) but when trying to clone its saying destination drive is too small even thought i'm using only 36Gb of the 5,400 rpm HDD, does that mean i cant clone the HDD and will have to use Rufus, take out the HDD & install Win10 again from scratch onto m.2馃ス something i would like to avoid or is there another option program i can use

Thanks

m2 help.jpg

If your SSD is a name brand, see if its manufacturer gives away a cloning utility. (Usually a branded version of Acronis True Image.)

Those can usually clone a larger drive onto a smaller drive, as long as the smaller drive can hold all the data, of course.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

If you're only using 40 gigs on your current drive, what is your resistance to just reinstalling windows?聽

5950X/3080Ti primary rig聽 |聽 1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers聽 |聽 200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Right Friends, Thank you for all your helps, the reason why i don't want to install windows from scratch as im running Win 10 lite, and ive switched off many MServices so that games run' better and the reason i use large fonts & colours its easier for people to read when section are colour coded

So i used AOMEI Backupper & it did the trick

So Ive took the 5,400 rpm HDD out and booted with the m.2, now i dont know if the m.2 drive needs setting up ive put a few photos of my Bios in and the CrystalDiskInfo results

Now i dont know if those benchmark results are any good because ive set the wrong modes or the actual M.2 is rubbish, but must'nt complain its better than the HDD before i suppose

I also have another PC desktop running Win10 lite (ROG Strix B450-F Ryzen 3600, Titan X maxwell G2 nova Gold PSU, 650w, 16gb Crucial Ballistix 3000) which has a 250gb 7200rpm HDD so will put a better m.2 drive in that one from samsung

Thanks again

m2 2.jpg

m2 3.jpg

m2 4.jpg

m29.jpg

m30.jpg

m26.jpg

m27.jpg

m31.jpg

m32.jpg

m33.jpg

m34.jpg