Unraid on a QNAP box that has no HDMI Port help!!!

i bought a TS-433 QNAP box and well apparently it doesnt come with an HDMI port. Does this mean i cant put unraid on it?

I managed to find one post about this and they said remove the DOM and well i have no idea what that is, though through inference it might be the internal HDD/OS drive. but that would mean voiding my warrantee and if i can help it i dont want to do that.

anyway i'd appreciate any help on this anyone can give

Kurzon

The only reason you would need and HDMI port is for setup. If you can setup Unraid on a flash drive prior then there's no need. However they would be right in saying to remove the internal drive as it would typically run it's own OS and wouldn't allow you to boot to the flash drive otherwise. I would say as well that in most cases products like this are really only used as JBODs attached to an already running server. Otherwise they are strictly meant to just be a one size fits all solution to a NAS either connected directly to your router or another system open to the network.

TLDR: no need for a HDMI just setup unraid first on a flash drive and figure out how to boot to USB on the box.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

5 hours ago, kurzonmorris said:

i bought a TS-433 QNAP box and well apparently it doesnt come with an HDMI port. Does this mean i cant put unraid on it?

I managed to find one post about this and they said remove the DOM and well i have no idea what that is, though through inference it might be the internal HDD/OS drive. but that would mean voiding my warrantee and if i can help it i dont want to do that.

anyway i'd appreciate any help on this anyone can give

Kurzon

Why do you want unraid on it? Generally, you buy something like a TS-443 for its ease of deployment, not running a custom OS on it.