Upgrading PSU in old desktop, new to PC upgrading

YJLN

I currently have an Inspiron 3880, and want to upgrade the power supply. The issue I am running into is that my motherboard has a 6 pin atx sys and a 4 pin atx CPU connection. Every PSU I consider buying only has a 20 or 24 pin main connection. Are there any good PSU recommendations I should look into that have this 6 pin cable, or is there some sort of adapter cable I can use for the other newer/better PSU's to connect to my PC?

That is a proprietary Dell power supply. 

You can get an adapter cable that converts the 24 pin ATX to that 6 pin connector... for example this one MAY work : https://www.ebay.com/itm/284505137934

The description says compatible with Inspiron 3470, so it's a good chance it would also work with 3880.

If you want to be 100% sure, you can get a digital multimeter and measure what voltages are in that 6 pin connector, on each pin.  Looking at the pictures on the eBay listing, I see the 2  12v wires (yellow), the ps_on signal (gray - signal from mobo to psu to turn on)  and pw_ok (green - signal from psu to mobo telling it it's ready to supply power)