White RGB Fans

Zalosath

Hi, looking to get some new white RGB fans, I currently have 6 iCUE SP120s, and 3 AF120 from Corsair. They work but I don't think they are working quite as they should, plus the AF fans are a completely different colour to the SP fans (RGB wise). So, I'm looking for an upgrade! Doesn't have to be corsair, although synced RGB is a must. (I do have a commander pro already, which I can sell if needs be, but it'd be useful if the fans you suggest are compatible with that).

Worth noting that I have a 360mm AIO, so I reckon 3 high static pressure fans would be good?

What are your best suggestions for me?

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

Phone [ Google Pixel 8 Pro, 256GB, Snow ]

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

CM mobius 120p 

For all 9? Including the AIO?

Main PC [ CPU AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D with H150i ELITE CAPPELIX  GPU Nvidia 3090 FE  MBD ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-A  RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB@5600MHz  PSU HX1000i  Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic  Monitor LG UltraGear 1440p 32" Nano IPS@180Hz  Keyboard Keychron Q6 with Kailh Box Switch Jade  Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight  Microphone Shure SM7B with Cloudlifter & GoXLR ]

Server [ CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600G  GPU Intel ARC A380  RAM Corsair VEGEANCE LPX 64GB  Storage 16TB EXOS ]

1 minute ago, Zalosath said:

For all 9? Including the AIO?

sure why not 😄   

get adapters so they work with  corsair ARGB 

10 minutes ago, Zalosath said:

Hi, looking to get some new white RGB fans, I currently have 6 iCUE SP120s, and 3 AF120 from Corsair. They work but I don't think they are working quite as they should, plus the AF fans are a completely different colour to the SP fans (RGB wise). So, I'm looking for an upgrade! Doesn't have to be corsair, although synced RGB is a must. (I do have a commander pro already, which I can sell if needs be, but it'd be useful if the fans you suggest are compatible with that).

Worth noting that I have a 360mm AIO, so I reckon 3 high static pressure fans would be good?

What are your best suggestions for me?

Big pack of Arctic p12 RGB, cheap and efficient

Thermaltake CLC whatever look nice too

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Big pack of Arctic p12 RGB, cheap and efficient

Thermaltake CLC whatever look nice too

16 minutes ago, NorKris said:

sure why not 😄   

get adapters so they work with  corsair ARGB 

I like the SWAFAN EX12 RGB fans from Thermaltake, I like that they're just a one cable deal for each set of 3. Although the CM Mobius 120P's have a much higher CFM (57 vs 75), am I likely to notice that?

i would say the CM's are much better than the SWA's ,  but not so much better than P12, just a bit. 

notice? hard to tell 🙂 how sensitive are you to fan noise? high pitch from fans? 

7 minutes ago, NorKris said:

i would say the CM's are much better than the SWA's ,  but not so much better than P12, just a bit. 

notice? hard to tell 🙂 how sensitive are you to fan noise? high pitch from fans? 

The PC is right on my desk, so I definitely hear the fans roaring, I'm sort of used to it at this point at idle, when I'm playing intense games they'll ramp up crazy fast and pierce my ear drums.

I'll probably go with the CM's, they seem to be a bigger upgrade than what I have now so they make the most sense. With 9 of those, what will I need to control the RGB? Coolermaster controller only has 6 slots afaik. (I'll just sell the corsair one, saves me from having to use iCUE) Could I just get 3 splitters, one for each group of 3 fans, and run them into the coolermaster controller?

7 minutes ago, Zalosath said:

The PC is right on my desk, so I definitely hear the fans roaring, I'm sort of used to it at this point at idle, when I'm playing intense games they'll ramp up crazy fast and pierce my ear drums.

I'll probably go with the CM's, they seem to be a bigger upgrade than what I have now so they make the most sense. With 9 of those, what will I need to control the RGB? Coolermaster controller only has 6 slots afaik. (I'll just sell the corsair one, saves me from having to use iCUE) Could I just get 3 splitters, one for each group of 3 fans, and run them into the coolermaster controller?

do you have any corsair  controllers? and which ones? 

Just now, NorKris said:

do you have any corsair  controllers? and which ones? 

I have the commander core XT right now, and I believe that the other 3 fans are controlled by my AIO. Can't remember exactly without tearing my PC apart. 

13 minutes ago, Zalosath said:

Your fan curve is way too high/aggressive, cap case fans at 60% speed whatever happens 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

16 minutes ago, Zalosath said:

I have the commander core XT right now, and I believe that the other 3 fans are controlled by my AIO. Can't remember exactly without tearing my PC apart. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143769162654

(you can also make these ur self, if u "sac" one corsair fan) 

these can make corsair ARGB to "the open ARGB" standard. 

6 ports, u can get ARGB splitters and have 2(or more) fans on each port 

Why do you need so many fans?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Why do you need so many fans?

Case fits 9, I have 9. No other reason really.

50 minutes ago, Zalosath said:

Case fits 9, I have 9. No other reason really.

You may actually be needlessly using 9. Try fewer strategically places. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

22 hours ago, RevGAM said:

You may actually be needlessly using 9. Try fewer strategically places. 

Hadn't even considered this. I'll give that a go and see what I get results wise. 

2 hours ago, Zalosath said:

Hadn't even considered this. I'll give that a go and see what I get results wise. 

Let us know, please. 

23 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Let us know, please. 

I think you may have been right. I'll preface this by saying that the fan placement I had was probably suboptimal to begin with so this isn't a be all end all test. With that being said here are the results.

My first test involved 9 fans, 3 at the top set to exhaust, 3 on a rad on the side set to intake, and 3 on the bottom set to intake. With this configuration my GPU was spinning half to death making a proper racket. My GPU & CPU reached temperatures up to ~70-80 degrees on Tiny Tina's Wonderlands benchmark. 

I removed the bottom 3 intakes, so now I just have 3 intakes on the rad, and 3 exhausts across the top and the results are very different. The same benchmark on the same settings, my GPU reached 60 tops, and my CPU 70 tops. 

So at least for me, removing those bottom 3 fans has helped quite significantly.

43 minutes ago, Zalosath said:

I think you may have been right. I'll preface this by saying that the fan placement I had was probably suboptimal to begin with so this isn't a be all end all test. With that being said here are the results.

My first test involved 9 fans, 3 at the top set to exhaust, 3 on a rad on the side set to intake, and 3 on the bottom set to intake. With this configuration my GPU was spinning half to death making a proper racket. My GPU & CPU reached temperatures up to ~70-80 degrees on Tiny Tina's Wonderlands benchmark. 

I removed the bottom 3 intakes, so now I just have 3 intakes on the rad, and 3 exhausts across the top and the results are very different. The same benchmark on the same settings, my GPU reached 60 tops, and my CPU 70 tops. 

So at least for me, removing those bottom 3 fans has helped quite significantly.

Thanks for sharing! You can further refine it by testing individual fans. For example the front-top fan may be pulling out the cool air from the intake fans.