RTX 4080 Super ProArt from Asus for Gaming?

Go to solution Solved by -rascal-,

I don't know how the ProArt compared with the TUF cooler, but I found a review where it compares it with the StriX.

Keep in mind, the review is on the RTX 4070Ti, not the RTX 40808 Super.

The cooler is smaller, and I believe the fan profile is different, so it runs warmer, compared to the StriX.

They also threw the MSi Gaming X Trio and Zotac Trinity RTX 4070Ti versions into the mix.

You are paying for the ProArt design/theme.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and could use some advice. I've been a fan of the Asus TUF graphics cards for a while now. Unfortunately, the 4080 TUF model is currently out of stock everywhere and has been for weeks, with no indication of when it might be back in stock. My current TUF card has been nothing short of amazing – it looks fantastic, runs fast, stays cool, operates silently, and overall exudes high quality.

The only other Asus card I can find in stock locally is the ProArt. It certainly looks appealing, but I'm in the dark about its performance. Can anyone share their experiences regarding how it compares to the TUF series, especially in terms of noise level, efficiency, and build quality?

I should mention that RGB and gaming-specific features aren't important to me. I'm also not considering other AIBs since the only models available are the ones I find less appealing in terms of aesthetics and build quality, such as MSI's Ventus and Gigabyte's Gaming OC

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

21 minutes ago, TommyTwommy said:

I'm in a bit of a dilemma and could use some advice. I've been a fan of the Asus TUF graphics cards for a while now. Unfortunately, the 4080 TUF model is currently out of stock everywhere and has been for weeks, with no indication of when it might be back in stock. My current TUF card has been nothing short of amazing – it looks fantastic, runs fast, stays cool, operates silently, and overall exudes high quality.

The only other Asus card I can find in stock locally is the ProArt. It certainly looks appealing, but I'm in the dark about its performance. Can anyone share their experiences regarding how it compares to the TUF series, especially in terms of noise level, efficiency, and build quality?

I should mention that RGB and gaming-specific features aren't important to me. I'm also not considering other AIBs since the only models available are the ones I find less appealing in terms of aesthetics and build quality, such as MSI's Ventus and Gigabyte's Gaming OC

I personally think Gigabyte's AIB models for the higher end are the best out there, having a few specific reasons for it. Their backplate helps cool the back of the GPU, where the rest leave that open, they have a well designed flow through for the 3rd fan that's unobstructed, and the included anti-sag bracket is by far the best in the industry.

The ProArt for gaming is fine though, just might be paying more for no real advantage except for the ProArt name.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

30 minutes ago, TommyTwommy said:

ProArt looks like a mid tier non OCable model, will perform like a FE card roughly

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

If you like the aesthetics I'd go for it. There is no reason to expect a performance disadvantage compared to other 4080 Supers. Hell, I'd view the 2.5-slot heat sink as an upside. 

Pretty much all 4080s cards cool within margin of error from eachother as theya re all ridiculously overkill. So just get the cheapest one really no need to pay a good bit more for a proart brandname.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Gy7scf/zotac-gaming-trinity-geforce-rtx-4080-super-16-gb-video-card-zt-d40820d-10p

Has a great cooler and is a good card. The proart is stupidly overpriced for what it is and has has one of the worst coolers of all 4080s cards.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Pretty much all 4080s cards cool within margin of error from eachother as theya re all ridiculously overkill. So just get the cheapest one really no need to pay a good bit more for a proart brandname.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Gy7scf/zotac-gaming-trinity-geforce-rtx-4080-super-16-gb-video-card-zt-d40820d-10p

Has a great cooler and is a good card. The proart is stupidly overpriced for what it is and has has one of the worst coolers of all 4080s cards.

Except:

I'm also not considering other AIBs since the only models available are the ones I find less appealing in terms of aesthetics

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

57 minutes ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

I would only plan to buy this model if you have AI or COMPUTE peformance workloads in mind, In My Honest Humble Opinion...

It's not going to do any better or worse at that stuff than any other model.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

14 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Except:

I chose that one as it looks quite similar from the side in my opinion.

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

they might cool within margin of error, but I doubt they do it at the same noise level. I want a quiet card and TUF does exactly that.

4 hours ago, BiG StroOnZ said:

I would only plan to buy this model if you have AI or COMPUTE peformance workloads in mind, In My Honest Humble Opinion...

I have both of that and some gaming. But I do want the card to be quiet and cool.

5 hours ago, Agall said:

I personally think Gigabyte's AIB models for the higher end are the best out there, having a few specific reasons for it. Their backplate helps cool the back of the GPU, where the rest leave that open, they have a well designed flow through for the 3rd fan that's unobstructed, and the included anti-sag bracket is by far the best in the industry.

The ProArt for gaming is fine though, just might be paying more for no real advantage except for the ProArt name.

Only Gigabyte model in stock is the Gaming OC which I don't like and its $50 difference.

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

7 minutes ago, TommyTwommy said:

they might cool within margin of error, but I doubt they do it at the same noise level.

The proart is louder. This trinity is amongst the best in terms of coolers and is VERY quiet.

I don't know how the ProArt compared with the TUF cooler, but I found a review where it compares it with the StriX.

The cooler is smaller, and I believe the fan profile is different, so it runs warmer, compared to the StriX.

They also threw the MSi Gaming X Trio and Zotac Trinity RTX 4070Ti versions into the mix.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

31 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

Yeah, that's terrible. Too bad, guess I'll go with the zotac card then. Don't wanna wait for Asus TUF to come in stock.

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB