Configuring Debian... last steps.

So I've almost completed setting my Debian GNU/Linux install. I've configured some stuff but I have questions on some other stuff. Here is what my desktop (terminal cuz desktop is blank) looks like (yes, I am in a VM btw) - https://imgur.com/a/lRTkaUO

important - 

1) Resolution - Because I am in a VM, the resolution thing is messed up. First of all, the BIOS only starts in 800x600 (I used to think 640x480 but xrandr says so), and so everything that is loaded after the BIOS follows this resolution, even when X server and i3 start. If I try to change the resolution through xrandr it says that my max resolution is not found. Don't worry though, just a simple exiting and entering fullscreen in VMware resizes everything. But I would have to do this every time I log in, so isn't there a better way?

2) Krusader - The GUI file explorer I installed. First I want to ask, how do I only have 1 panel instead of 2 opened? I do not have much screen space, that's why. Second, after installing Krusader, many icons were missing. I then installed some font/icon package or whatever (I forgot), but they look very old school. What is a better icon package?

minor questions- 

3) Nano - I literally raged so hard when I only had to copy some text but I just couldn't. I wasn't the one to blame. Anything copied through the keyboard doesn't get copied to the system clipboard, instead it gets copied only to the Nano environment, and so I can't paste the text in another application. I heard somewhere that is is because I don't have a desktop environment like Gnome installed? But somehow, copying using the cursor works, but it is a bit janky.

4) i3status bar - I i3 docs say that if the value is below the degraded threshold, it should be green. But my values aren't green when very low. I am able to define a "color_good" for the color to be displayed when the value is "good", but it doesn't work. But I can define colors for medium and critical and they do work.

5) Window Customization - Can I customize my windows in any way? I am not asking about anything specific, just if anything looks better. For example, the title bar of my terminals looks like it's from 1993.

6) Terminal Customization: I do like how my terminal looks but I am always there for something looking better. I don't like transparency. A better color scheme would be great. Oh btw, I am using Alacritty. Any reason to use a different terminal?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

1 hour ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

I literally raged so hard when I only had to copy some text but I just couldn't. I wasn't the one to blame. Anything copied through the keyboard doesn't get copied to the system clipboard, instead it gets copied only to the Nano environment, and so I can't paste the text in another application. I heard somewhere that is is because I don't have a desktop environment like Gnome installed? But somehow, copying using the cursor works, but it is a bit janky.

This is correct.

5) Window Customization - Can I customize my windows in any way? I am not asking about anything specific, just if anything looks better. For example, the title bar of my terminals looks like it's from 1993.

Changing your desktop environment/WM will do this

6) Terminal Customization: I do like how my terminal looks but I am always there for something looking better. I don't like transparency. A better color scheme would be great. Oh btw, I am using Alacritty. Any reason to use a different terminal?

Well... you just said it. You don't like transparency. There are other terminals out there - I do not have any names off the top of my head though.

2) Krusader - The GUI file explorer I installed. First I want to ask, how do I only have 1 panel instead of 2 opened? I do not have much screen space, that's why. Second, after installing Krusader, many icons were missing. I then installed some font/icon package or whatever (I forgot), but they look very old school. What is a better icon package?

I am not you, so I do not know what you prefer.

1) Resolution - Because I am in a VM, the resolution thing is messed up. First of all, the BIOS only starts in 800x600 (I used to think 640x480 but xrandr says so), and so everything that is loaded after the BIOS follows this resolution, even when X server and i3 start. If I try to change the resolution through xrandr it says that my max resolution is not found. Don't worry though, just a simple exiting and entering fullscreen in VMware resizes everything. But I would have to do this every time I log in, so isn't there a better way?

Install it bare metal is easiest

elephants

4 hours ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

Resolution

Under what you virtualize?

Usually helps some Guest Additions, VMware Tools, Spice...

ad infinitum

1 hour ago, ieleja said:

Under what you virtualize?

Usually helps some Guest Additions, VMware Tools, Spice...

VMware. I have the drivers installed I guess.

Microsoft owns my soul.

then you need to install this package:

open-vm-tools

ad infinitum

2 hours ago, ieleja said:

then you need to install this package:

open-vm-tools

as I said, I have done it. I can see it installed on debian. The SVGA 2 adapter is in use, says neofetch.

Microsoft owns my soul.