Is Apacer AS2280P4 1TB M.2 good for design and multimedia?

Hi guys,
My motherboard is Asus Prime B450M-A II.
Is Apacer AS2280P4 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen 3, gonna be compatiable with my Mobo?
Apparently it has 3D TLC NAND Flash.

I'm going to work multimedia stuff in PS-AI, PR-AE, Blender-Unreal Engine and obviously lot more.
Am I going to be fine?

It's 100% compatible, modern SSDs either have TLC (3 bits per cell) or QLC (4 bits per cell) flash, with TLC being better, i wouldn't really buy any QLC SSDs, since those are barely cheaper, but have a way shorter lifespan, and are slower. You could benefit from a faster SSD, and one with DRAM cache, but unless you have extra money, it's perfectly fine, especially when most of the stuff is kept in RAM anyway

If you're going to be using your SSD to store files being worked on in Photoshop or Premiere, just do NOT use it as a scratch disk.

If you want an SSD for your main data, get yours, but maybe also consider a separate SSD scratch disk like one of the little ~$30 P1600X M.2 Optane drives:

https://www.newegg.com/intel-optane-ssd-p1600x-58gb/p/N82E16820167488

It's rated for 6 full drive writes per day, so for the 58GB drive that's a total of 635TBW over its 5-year lifespan.

7 hours ago, itsabearcannon said:

If you're going to be using your SSD to store files being worked on in Photoshop or Premiere, just do NOT use it as a scratch disk.

If you want an SSD for your main data, get yours, but maybe also consider a separate SSD scratch disk like one of the little ~$30 P1600X M.2 Optane drives:

https://www.newegg.com/intel-optane-ssd-p1600x-58gb/p/N82E16820167488

It's rated for 6 full drive writes per day, so for the 58GB drive that's a total of 635TBW over its 5-year lifespan.

Thank you! I'm going for the main storage and all necessary softwares gonna run in SSD.

I wish I could use 2 SSD but I got only 1 slot, my current Transcend 128GB M.2 430S going strong, still at 26%. But it doesn’t have the space I need.