Need help diagnosing my pc ❤️

Hey guys 👋 so i want to share this problem with my pc. Whenever I turn it on, it instantly turns off. The fans spin then instantly off. Another thing I noticed is that the fans spin less when I connect the 4 pin cpu cable, does that mean my cpu is bad?? The only 3 things that are connected is 1 ram stick, the power supply, and The cpu fan.

Any advice? 

I don’t know much about pc’s.. idk if I damaged one of my parts or not. 

I want to be able to figure out what’s wrong, is it the MoBo? Is it the cpu? My psu is working, I’ve tried it with 2 psu’s which both work..

ty guys ❤️ 

from Pakistan 🇵🇰 

4 minutes ago, FlyRealHigh said:

Hey guys 👋 so i want to share this problem with my pc. Whenever I turn it on, it instantly turns off. The fans spin then instantly off. Another thing I noticed is that the fans spin less when I connect the 4 pin cpu cable, does that mean my cpu is bad?? The only 3 things that are connected is 1 ram stick, the power supply, and The cpu fan.

Any advice? 

I want to be able to figure out what’s wrong, is it the MoBo? Is it the cpu? My psu is working, I’ve tried it with 2 psu’s which both work..

ty guys ❤️ 

from Pakistan 🇵🇰 

IMG_8918.mov

First of all you cant boot the motherboard (PC) with only the 24 pin power connected to motherboard, you'll need to connect the 4 pin as well. Secondly your motherboard dosen't have a CMOS battery installed of the type CR2032:

image.png.e5eec68f6953050811b1dced4fac506d.pngIs Your Computer Battery Dead? How to Fix and Replace Your CMOS Battery

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

8 minutes ago, FlyRealHigh said:

Any advice? 

ty guys ❤️ 

from Pakistan 🇵🇰 

IMG_8918.mov

Prob don't have a high enough wattage psu. What are your components and what wattage are the power supplies? Sounds like this since the fans spin slower (less power) when 4 pin is connected)

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

2 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

Prob don't have a high enough wattage psu. What are your components and what wattage are the power supplies? Sounds like this since the fans spin slower (less power) when 4 pin is connected)

How does that make any sense? I guess it still spins slow and then reboot again right? If it stays on with slow spin on the fans it means its booted and it works. @FlyRealHigh

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 minute ago, DoctorNick said:

How does that make any sense? I guess it still spins slow and then reboot again right? If it stays on with slow spin on the fans it means its booted and it works. @FlyRealHigh

Well he said either way it's they same, but when he plugs in that 4 pin that the fans spin even slower before shutting off. Idk I see what you mean now.

15 minutes ago, FlyRealHigh said:

The only 3 things that are connected is 1 ram stick, the power supply, and The cpu fan.

I hope you have a cpu and gpu along with this right?
If this is a new build that you just got you may have just gotten a cpu without any igpu and didn't get a gpu due to budget. 

14 minutes ago, FlyRealHigh said:

Any advice? 

ty guys ❤️ 

from Pakistan 🇵🇰 

IMG_8918.mov

Try moving the RAM stick to the 2nd port (B) and then connect a monitor to check if the splash screen appears on boot. 

FS in Denmark/EU:

Well for one pc cant boot without a 4 pin header.

Secondly you won't see if it boots with no display connected.

Thirdly the cpu fan slowing down from high ramp means it has done a post of some kind so it is working in some way but without attaching a screen you won't know.

And lastly normally not having a cmos battery is fine but it can cause issues if the system is trying to save some settings after posting.

1 hour ago, Hellowpplz said:

I hope you have a cpu and gpu along with this right?
If this is a new build that you just got you may have just gotten a cpu without any igpu and didn't get a gpu due to budget. 

This is very old. Second gen intel core from 2010-11. These all have a igpu at that point so no gpu needed for a display.

12 hours ago, Hellowpplz said:

500 watts 

11 hours ago, jaslion said:

Thirdly the cpu fan slowing down from high ramp means it has done a post of some kind so it is working in some way but without attaching a screen you won't know.

And lastly normally not having a cmos battery is fine but it can cause issues if the system is trying to save some settings after posting.

This is very old. Second gen intel core from 2010-11. These all have a igpu at that point so no gpu needed for a display.

I have attached the 4 pin and the display with all 3 possible ram combinations, and I have attached cmos battery now and I have attached the gpu. It’s still not turning on. How can I attach my display to the motherboard, through the panel in front of mobo io shield?

12 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

It doesn’t reboot again; when I press the power button the fans start spinning but then instantly go off and I’m not getting any displays.

13 hours ago, FlyRealHigh said:

53 minutes ago, FlyRealHigh said:

It doesn’t reboot again; when I press the power button the fans start spinning but then instantly go off and I’m not getting any displays.

Between these two statements it seems you have either a bad board or chip, esp after things were pointed out earlier you needed to do for getting all of it's connections done right.
What happens in a case like this is the hardware (Board) is detecting a problem and shutting itself down as a form of "Self Protection" against further damage or even a possible short that could result in a fire - You don't want that!

For testing:
First off, visually inspect the board closely and carefully for any signs of damage or something that doesn't look right.
If you see something, look it over and post a pic of it here so it can be seen and we can advise you if it's really a problem or not.

Next:
If the board looks OK, go to the next set of steps required but pay attention to the following.

You will need the 24 pin ATX plug AND the 4 pin plug to the board's 4 pin header connected to the PSU.
It simply will not function if both are not connected so get both connected as they should be, but also beware of a PSU having two separate 4 pin connectors (Split 8 pin connector) that can be combined for boards with an 8 pin connector header for CPU power.

This is a feature many, if not most PSU's have so it can be used with a board requiring this kind of CPU power to run.
Not every PSU has it, some simply have a single 4 pin but it is possible to have it with yours.

Concerning a combined 8 pin (Two separate 4 pin connectors than can be separated or combined together if need be):
It's entirely possible to connect the wrong one and it not work - I know because I've done it before myself with the same results you're getting now.

You want to make sure it's latch is lined up (Same side) as the raised edge (Tab) you see on one side of the board's 4 pin connector so it can latch itself in place. The wrong one can be turned 90 degrees and go in like it should but the latch to this edge will not line up so when you hook up the 4 pin connector, make sure the connector's latch lines up with and latches to this rasied edge.
That way you know you've got the correct 4 pin connector end to the board's own connector socket/header.

You can also go to the manufacturer's website (For your board's make and model) and get a manual that will tell you how to set it up.

After it's been hooked to power properly, if it's still doing this you can try a different CPU for the board (Known working CPU) and see if it works or not if a CPU is available for you to try it with.
If not, then it's probrably a board problem, possibly a RAM stick or maybe some other component is causing the issue.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Thank you for the advice, I do have an 8 pin 2x 4 pin connectors for the cpu. But it still isn’t working. I’ve tried both putting them on the correct latch.

16 hours ago, jaslion said:

I have attached the display to a gpu amd rx 570 but it still doesn’t post or boot up or show anything. The display says going back to sleep input not detected. The reason I’m not using the mobo is because I have an hdmi cable not the 2 screw cable which my mobo doesn’t have a slot for.

5 hours ago, FlyRealHigh said:

I have attached the display to a gpu amd rx 570 but it still doesn’t post or boot up or show anything. The display says going back to sleep input not detected. The reason I’m not using the mobo is because I have an hdmi cable not the 2 screw cable which my mobo doesn’t have a slot for.

Never plug the hdmi or "two screw cable" into the motherboard if you have a gpu, as that will use the cpu's integrated graphics as oppose to the gpu. Although in this case I would try if you have a cable for the mobo, try using that and removing the gpu.