Replacement Battery for MSI GS66-005 Stealth

Hey guys, so I've had this MSI GS66 stealth for a little over 3 1/2 years and I've noticed for awhile that the battery doesn't hold it's charge that much between shutdowns and turning on and thought that the battery is simply worn out. I'd charge it to 80% Friday and shutdown before closing the lid, ensuring the power light goes off. Then, when Monday comes around, the battery could be 40-60% charge from 80%. I've noticed this discharge before since owning the laptop and thought it was related to one of the power states but I'm unsure which does what and if they can be adjusted in the BIOS. I've tried searching for possibly solutions but didn't come across anything that works.

According to HWinfo, the remaining capacity of the 99Wh battery is at 44.034Wh with a wear level of 41.5%. I've only charged the battery to 80% using MSI's software and never to 100% to preserve battery life. I did just recently do a calibration and that seems to have helped slightly with the discharge between shutdown-start over the weekends. 

I really just use this laptop for college and have no plans on replacing it anytime soon so is there anything I can check before deciding on replacing the battery? Also, is there any way I can get a genuine MSI replacement and not risk using a third-party battery?

Thanks!

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I mean, the software is reporting data that fits your experience so while you could test the voltage across the terminals, that's gonna be less reliable than a loaded test which is what the software should essentially be doing. 

As for getting genuine replacements? You could contact MSI, but even if you can get one out of them, you'll likely get a nearly identical battery for double the price. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

8 hours ago, OddOod said:

I mean, the software is reporting data that fits your experience so while you could test the voltage across the terminals, that's gonna be less reliable than a loaded test which is what the software should essentially be doing. 

As for getting genuine replacements? You could contact MSI, but even if you can get one out of them, you'll likely get a nearly identical battery for double the price. 

Yeah that was my hunch feeling that the software is reporting correctly in terms of what I'm getting out of the battery. 

I honestly thought I read somewhere in the manual or something that MSI has to offer replacement parts for at least 5 or 7 years according to EU law, however I'm in the US but I would think you can still get a replacement. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

13 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Yeah that was my hunch feeling that the software is reporting correctly in terms of what I'm getting out of the battery. 

I honestly thought I read somewhere in the manual or something that MSI has to offer replacement parts for at least 5 or 7 years according to EU law, however I'm in the US but I would think you can still get a replacement. 

Can't hurt to hit them up. Just brace for the price they quote

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup