How do i prolong my dads Iphone 11 battery Life?

IR76

My dad does not know how to close apps to stop them running in the background and i want to be able to adjust his phone to prolong his battery life as long as possible but it seems IOS does not have everything that would help with that in one place so if you know any an all methods and tips please let me know while i go through settings. 

10 minutes ago, IR76 said:

My dad does not know how to close apps to stop them running in the background and i want to be able to adjust his phone to prolong his battery life as long as possible but it seems IOS does not have everything that would help with that in one place so if you know any an all methods and tips please let me know while i go through settings. 

Teach him how to close the apps?

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Teach him how to close the apps?

Tried that and its going to take him a while to get used to it im reffering to any and all battery tips

1 minute ago, IR76 said:

Tried that and its going to take him a while to get used to it im reffering to any and all battery tips

In terms of battery life on a single charge or prolonging the battery life in general?

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

In terms of battery life on a single charge or prolonging the battery life in general?

Both pretty much im trying to customise his phone to auto do stuff that will help preserve the battery till the next charge and in the long run, ive just switched off background app refresh for starters.

1 minute ago, IR76 said:

Both pretty much im trying to customise his phone to auto do stuff that will help preserve the battery till the next charge and in the long run, ive just switched off background app refresh for starters.

shortcuts might be promising ill look into its capabilities and uses 

Closing apps will do nothing for his battery unless there's one particular app that refuses to suspend and drinks battery for no reason, iOS has gotten really good at managing itself and all your junk. It's actually more likely that his battery life will get worse if you keep force-closing everything.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Your best bet is an app that either automatically turns off or asks the user to turn off, GPS/Bluetooth/NFC or other network features that are not in use. This will save some juice.

I don't know what apps are available because I don't use Apple products.

Regardless of phone used, it does not help to manually close apps unless they misbehave in the background. This is because it takes more power to read the app off storage and reinitialize the app, compared to just keeping it open in memory.

That battery is just old. Either replace, or make sure it gets charged frequently.

I have wireless cradles at all my desks, and also my car. So my phone always is full when I go somewhere. Just put one where he uses the phone and he can store it in there when not used. 

Make sure he has latest OS and apps updated. Remove all not really needed apps. Less = better. Bloatware is bad for many other reasons. 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro