LTT Vapers!

Visualantics

Any vapers in the linustechtip forums?  Show us your setups! also tell us how long you have been smoke free if you are using it!

My Setup

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k @4.4GHZ | COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOBO: Asus z87-Pro | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti SC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (8GB) | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (128GB) | HDD #1: Western Digital 1TB Black x2 | PSU: Antec HCG 850W | Case: Corsair C70 (Black)  | Display #1: BenQ RL2455HM | Display #2: LG Flatron Wide | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) | Mouse: SteelSeries Rival | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2

Any vapers in the linustechtip forums?  Show us your setups! also tell us how long you have been smoke free if you are using it!

Dunno what a vaper is. Please elaborate although Google is my search & destroy buddy....

Never mind found out what it is and I don't smoke.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Dunno what a vaper is. Please elaborate although Google is my search & destroy buddy.

E-Cigarettes! or more known as vaporizers, vape, vapes etc.

My Setup

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k @4.4GHZ | COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOBO: Asus z87-Pro | GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 Ti SC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (8GB) | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro (128GB) | HDD #1: Western Digital 1TB Black x2 | PSU: Antec HCG 850W | Case: Corsair C70 (Black)  | Display #1: BenQ RL2455HM | Display #2: LG Flatron Wide | Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) | Mouse: SteelSeries Rival | Headset: SteelSeries Siberia V2

You maybe want to watch this, 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Wy to smoke when you can be smake free? :)

Sure i have tried it but, ido not use :P

some things just arent for certain people i guess..... and i respect that

My Setup

my bro is he almost started to finally stop and ordered his last 0% nicotine  and then my country banned it (fucking retards)

now he cant stop and back on cigarettes

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

You maybe want to watch this, 

healthier alternative if you ask me. been vaping for about 2 years now.

My Setup

my bro is he almost started to finally stop and ordered his last 0% nicotine  and then my country banned it (fucking retards)

now he cant stop and back on cigarettes

sucks to hear that man.... may i ask tho what country are you from?  -_-

My Setup

sucks to hear that man.... may i ask tho what country are you from?  -_-

UAE its still available for sale in Chinese markets though (grey market) but those are sketchy

my brother stopped cigarettes cold turkey he looked like he aged 10 years coughed all the time and had a hard time sleeping  for about 4 months

then he just couldnt take it anymore and came back to cigs

then i told him about ecigs from greensmoke

i ordered some and it was amazing for him  after a while he could sometimes not smoke for days without any of the previous symptoms

also to add

http://nypost.com/2014/05/20/e-cigs-help-smokers-quit-more-than-the-patch-or-gum-study/

a study of almost 6,000 smokers 

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Never smoked a day in my life, I overeat instead ;-;

We all have our vices I suppose.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Never smoked a day in my life, I overeat instead ;-;

We all have our vices I suppose.

Same here kinda... Don't know which I rather be.. Someone always blazed, or fat. 

but i have smoked a few times. 

Same here kinda... Don't know which I rather be.. Someone always blazed, or fat. 

but i have smoked a few times. 

I'm trying to cut out snacks entirely and I'm taking bikerides most days now. But jesus hell is this hard to keep up, I legitimately think it's more similar to kicking nicotine that a lot of people realise.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I'm trying to cut out snacks entirely and I'm taking bikerides most days now. But jesus hell is this hard to keep up, I legitimately think it's more similar to kicking nicotine that a lot of people realise.

Most people don't realize that obesity (and just being overweight due to food in general) is an addiction. I did really good about a year ago and lost 30 pounds, but I've kind of let myself go and am almost back to my original weight. It sucks sooo much, but it is so hard to stop.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

Most people don't realize that obesity (and just being overweight due to food in general) is an addiction. I did really good about a year ago and lost 30 pounds, but I've kind of let myself go and am almost back to my original weight. It sucks sooo much, but it is so hard to stop.

It's like, doing good for two weeksaaaaaaaaaaand I've eaten a pie ;-;

It's like, doing good for two weeksaaaaaaaaaaand I've eaten a pie ;-;

I'm just like that.

but atm I'm doing great, lost 10kg/20lbs.

I wish you a lot of willpower.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

E-Cigs are for people who want to let go of the chemical (nicotine) in real cigs, but don't want to/cannot let go of the habit and actual act of smoking.

In my honest opinion E-Cigs for the purpose of quitting the smoking of tobacco is for pussies/half assed quitters and most of the people who I've seen using them will be seen weeks/months later smoking cigarettes again.

I smoked cigarettes for 5 years, between 10 and a pack a day and I quit cold turkey, that is the best and only way to do it properly in my opinion.

3 years on, and I don't smoke, I don't even think about smoking anymore I am cured. All I did was simply stop smoking them and deal with it for a month or so until the addiction was broken. B)

I'm saying this with regard to tobacco cigarettes only, with other substances (such as opiates) for example, cold turkey is a whole 'nutha level and the same advice doesn't necessarily apply at all.

I'm just like that.

but atm I'm doing great, lost 10kg/20lbs.

I wish you a lot of willpower.

Well thank you good sir.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

It's great if you use them as a tool to help quit smoking as that's what they're intended to be. Lately though it seems like people are smoking the vaporizers because they think it's cool, and from what I've seen they put more money into their "setups" and smoke more than they otherwise would have if they were just smoking cigarettes. For that reason I think that this fad and culture should burn and die a horrible death in a fire. Also, people who smoke the stupid things never shut up about them and it's very annoying. Do whatever you'd like, but quit bothering other people about it.