Computer randomly dying

Thanks for checking the thread, any assistance is appreciated! 

My computer after 3 years in service starts to randomly die when the system is loaded. I have my own workstation that is physically separated from me (stationed at my parents on the other side of the country).  Systems contains Ryzen 9 5950x on B550 Aorus Elite. Last week after connecting to it via SSH it randomly decided to die on me. After some time, the computer just randomly turns off (or rather freezes?). It seems that the motherboard is still powered (RGB lights on the water cooler together with the mobo light). When the monitor is plugged there is no visual output. After powering it down My friend was able to clear the CMOS, which solved the problem and the system booted up. Unfortunately, after boot problem still persisted and there was a need for another round of clearing the CMOS. This is unacceptable and to be honest problematic as the computer contains the data that I need to show at the conference next month. I decided to take care of the problem myself but do not know where to start. There was a particular situation in the past where I spilled liquid metal on the motherboard which I believe could impact the motherboard (it was 3 years ago). As the system worked flawlessly for 3 years I believe that some part of the PC just died on me and needs replacement (I suspect the motherboard). I would really appreciate any suggestions on what might be the cause for those problems and which part can be problematic.

well liquid metal is no joke and spilling it definetly isnt good, and as electronics so often do they just seem to die at random times so the simple fact that clearing the cmos would work, but just for a short amount of time kinda seems like a mobo issue but if the data is so important id probably just get the data somewhere safe and troubleshoot if you got the time, i think the first step would be to switch the mobo 

Overheating, or failing hardware can cause this. If you spilled liquid metal on components in the past it could have gradually eroded a trace or something under a capacitor that wasn't quite cleaned enough, but usually you'll see issues way before 3 years. I'd say check the temps and go from there. If temps are fine, I'd say a motherboard swap is a safe bet. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Overheating, or failing hardware can cause this. If you spilled liquid metal on components in the past it could have gradually eroded a trace or something under a capacitor that wasn't quite cleaned enough, but usually you'll see issues way before 3 years. I'd say check the temps and go from there. If temps are fine, I'd say a motherboard swap is a safe bet. 

I was looking at the temperatures but this seems not to be the issue. Actually, the first time the computer died was after the one day-long calculations that used 100% of the processor. I thought that this caused the problem (normally system is watercooled but thought I needed to refill or something like that) although later I found out that it crushed after the calculations in the idle state. The second time system died during the backup process. Well, liquid metal was certainly a mistake, fortunately, everything worked until now.

i think the best thing you can do now is troubleshoot, just guessing what it could be is not going to fix anything