Arctic Liquid Freezer III

Ralfi

Surprised no thread exists yet…

Is anyone planning on getting one of these?

It’s overkill for my CPU (5600X), but I’m curious to see the before/after temps of those who swap out their existing coolers (AIO or air) for a new Liquid Freezer III.

Arctic seems to have done it again in terms of price & performance. 

1 minute ago, Ralfi said:

It’s overkill for my CPU (5600X), but I’m curious to see the before/after temps of those who swap out their existing coolers (AIO or air) for a new Liquid Freezer III.

It was in Tech News...

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

9 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Wow. I feel offended.

Jim Carrey Crying GIF - Jim Carrey Crying Suffering - Discover & Share GIFs

Just joking 😉 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

On 2/27/2024 at 3:12 PM, Ralfi said:

Mine is OTW. I look forward to the block fan. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

This guy right here could not care less.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

1 hour ago, freeagent said:

This guy right here could not care less.

sometimes i just go into random threads on console gaming and type:
"this guy right here could not not care less"  

🤨

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

sometimes i just go into random threads on console gaming and type:
"this guy righ here not care less"  

🤨

Listen, if you want to speak English, you have to read it too. Did you even look at the OP or did you just roll your eyes at my post and felt the need to interject your years of wisdom upon us 😄

Cmon now.

5 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Listen, if you want to speak English, you have to read it too. Did you even look at the OP or did you just roll your eyes at my post and felt the need to interject your years of wisdom upon us 😄

Cmon now.

lets quote  thrasher: I have dyslexia plz be kind to me

and just to add to that:  if i just bought  a worse version of that console game before a new one comes out ... 

Well, it arrived. I feel kinda excited, but I also feel guilty because @freeagent is watching with a frown on his face. 😉

I do have to say that I was pretty impressed by the effort they put into making the installation video. Which other companies do that?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Well, it arrived. I feel kinda excited, but I also feel guilty because @freeagent is watching with a frown on his face. 😉

I do have to say that I was pretty impressed by the effort they put into making the installation video. Which other companies do that?

Heck no buddy!

I already have a good AIO, that is all I meant 😄

Enjoy your new toy 🙂

10 hours ago, freeagent said:

Heck no buddy!

I already have a good AIO, that is all I meant 😄

Enjoy your new toy 🙂

I'm waiting for the Magic V2 Scenic, too. Ricky,  WelshyTech, said his testing shows it beats the Notte. He also complained that both are very loud!! 😆 

And I'm glad you're not frowning. 😀

2 hours ago, RevGAM said:

'm waiting for the Magic V2 Scenic, too.

When I bought my AIO it was the only one that said V3 and looked different. There was another model like mine, but with black fans, same block by looks, same pump speed. And it was like 75 beaver bucks lol. Nice that Arctic refined their AIO, its good to keep things fresh, hopefully she performs well for you 😎

18 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I got mine today as well (Arctic Liquid Freezer III 360 black) for my Ryzen 5950X, mounted front in a Fractal Define R5 (radiator is above CPU/pump). In the pre-assembled mode (fan in push mode) and under Cinebench R23 load for 30min the temperature would push to 83C (28505 points, around 235W at 4325-4350MHz).

Turning the fans around "Air intake (pull)" mode drops the temperatures to around 78C after 30minutes, same 235W and 4325-4350MHz. Although there is now an annoying sound coming from the fans at random intervals when under load, not sure what's going on here but it is really annoying.

Compared this to my previous Noctua NH-U12A setup this new setup is soooooo quiet under load and idle.

Edit: room temperature is around ~22C and idle temperature is ~32C (fans at ~700RPM). No fan curve optimization has been done.

26 minutes ago, Jax-Ur said:

Although there is now an annoying sound coming from the fans at random intervals when under load, not sure what's going on here but it is really annoying.

Is that the resonance from Arctic’s fan motors/blades? If so, you may just need to tweak your fan curves to avoid certain RPMs.

40 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Is that the resonance from Arctic’s fan motors/blades? If so, you may just need to tweak your fan curves to avoid certain RPMs.

Could be, but shouldn't that problem be there in pre-assembled mode as well? Maybe soft plastic washers could do the trick... I also do have spare Noctua/Fractal/Arctic fans I could swap the stock fans for.

It could also be something completely unrelated that I just now pick up because the system is rather quiet compared to the old setup.

36 minutes ago, Jax-Ur said:

Could be, but shouldn't that problem be there in pre-assembled mode as well? Maybe soft plastic washers could do the trick... I also do have spare Noctua/Fractal/Arctic fans I could swap the stock fans for.

It could also be something completely unrelated that I just now pick up because the system is rather quiet compared to the old setup.

What does it sound like? If it's like a clean pitch, that's probably HR. If it's rattling, rubbing, grinding, etc. then it's not. You may only hear it at one speed, or at several if it's HR.

If it's harmonic resonance, I think that which side is mounted can alter the natural resonance pitch(es).

20 hours ago, RevGAM said:

What does it sound like? If it's like a clean pitch, that's probably HR. If it's rattling, rubbing, grinding, etc. then it's not. You may only hear it at one speed, or at several if it's HR.

If it's harmonic resonance, I think that which side is mounted can alter the natural resonance pitch(es).

Not coil whine (GPU or PSU) nor would I describe it as fans spinning up/down constantly. There are no spinning rust disks in my setup either.

I don't want to Jinx this but I cannot hear the sound anymore. Maybe it was something else entirely and not related to the computer at all and a down side of a quiet setup I guess.

2 hours ago, Jax-Ur said:

Not coil whine (GPU or PSU) nor would I describe it as fans spinning up/down constantly. There are no spinning rust disks in my setup either.

I don't want to Jinx this but I cannot hear the sound anymore. Maybe it was something else entirely and not related to the computer at all and a down side of a quiet setup I guess.

Good news.

Any photos to share?

Oh & by front mounting, I’ve read that some fans can exhibit noise when mounted vertically & that by top mounting them horizontally it may reduce/eliminate the sound.

I’d be curious of your temps if you top mounted this AIO (in each push & pull scenarios), but I understand how you don’t want to touch it now 😂 

Does the version III support reporting internal fluid temperature like some of Corsair lineup?

16 hours ago, DarK_HawK said:

Does the version III support reporting internal fluid temperature like some of Corsair lineup?

Not that I'm aware of. That'd be a premium feature.

On 3/5/2024 at 9:11 PM, Ralfi said:

Good news.

Any photos to share?

Oh & by front mounting, I’ve read that some fans can exhibit noise when mounted vertically & that by top mounting them horizontally it may reduce/eliminate the sound.

I’d be curious of your temps if you top mounted this AIO (in each push & pull scenarios), but I understand how you don’t want to touch it now 😂 

I did increase the fan speed to 55% (~980-1000 RPM) so the weird noise is gone (36h and counting). Before that I did unplug fans one at a time but the sound was still there so go figure.

Top mount would work better but I keep stuff on top of my cage so the top ModuVents would be blocked (it is a good space to keep crap on lol)...

I may take a few pictures later on.

15 hours ago, Jax-Ur said:

I did increase the fan speed to 55% (~980-1000 RPM) so the weird noise is gone (36h and counting).

Great. I found the sweet spot for my Arctic fans years ago & haven't been bothered by them since.

Top mount would work better but I keep stuff on top of my cage so the top ModuVents would be blocked (it is a good space to keep crap on lol)...

Oh no! You Gotto let that PC breathe‼️

Maybe bench-test it uncovered & see if it makes much of a difference - although it may sway you to move the crap elsewhere 😏

I may take a few pictures later on.

👍🏼

8 hours ago, Ralfi said:

Great. I found the sweet spot for my Arctic fans years ago & haven't been bothered by them since.

Oh no! You Gotto let that PC breathe‼️

Maybe bench-test it uncovered & see if it makes much of a difference - although it may sway you to move the crap elsewhere 😏

👍🏼

Here are two pictures. I could try and fit my two 140mm fans front like I had before with my Noctua NH-U12A and see if the temps drop further, but I need longer screw and washers that are ~2-3mm thick as the AIO screws block the mounting by a few mm. You can also see that the "top" fan on the AIO is kinda useless in this setup as it doesn't get decent/any cold airflow.

20240304_175109.jpg

20240304_174017.jpg

4 hours ago, Jax-Ur said:

Here are two pictures. I could try and fit my two 140mm fans front like I had before with my Noctua NH-U12A and see if the temps drop further, but I need longer screw and washers that are ~2-3mm thick as the AIO screws block the mounting by a few mm. You can also see that the "top" fan on the AIO is kinda useless in this setup as it doesn't get decent/any cold airflow.

20240304_175109.jpg

20240304_174017.jpg

I’m curious to know if temps change when you pop out those disk covers so the top fan then has some air to work with.