AMD Price Drops Edging Out GTX 760!

I was watching

and heard the good news. It looks like the AMD bitcoin speculation has died down and things have gone back to how they should be, which is typically AMD cards on the market undercutting Nvidia ones, no offence.  :) I was recommending Nvidia to people I know for the past 6 months until now. 

From what I can see listed on PC part picker, these are examples of the stand out offers.

1. MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR $200 after discount and rebate + 3 Gold Tier Games http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127789

2. XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Double Dissipation $155 after discount and rebate + 2 Silver Tier Games http://www.ncixus.com/products/?usaffiliateid=1000031504&sku=91996

From looking at this review and benchmarks, I see a better value with the 280 over the 270 $ for $. the 280 in that Bioshock Infinite was clocked 940MHz, while the one for $200 is 933MHz. It's just one game and one benchmark, but all directions point towards this being a kickass deal for the sub $250 market, the 280 that is. Jump on that deal before the discount expires if you're in the market for a GPU and it will fit in your case. It's 10.6 inches long. http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/graphics/67581-sapphire-radeon-r9-280-dual-x/?page=4

Does this make the 280 a better buy than a 760 almost across the board? I see 760s coming with Watch Dogs, but most benchmarks I see have 280 being more powerful, yet now being cheaper in price. 

Thoughts?

No drop in R9 290(X) :(

280X should've had a lower price in the first place imo ($200 so that is what 50 dollars off?)

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

ooooold news

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

No drop in R9 290(X) :(

280X should've had a lower price in the first place imo ($200 so that is what 50 dollars off?)

Actually the 290X dropped to $499 and the 290 dropped to $379 which is the same price for a 770 4GB. Making the 4GB 770 completely irrelevant.

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Double-947MHz-Graphics-R9290AEDFD/dp/B00HHIPM5Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1400810699&sr=8-4&keywords=R9+290

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Double-1000MHz-Graphics-R9290XEDFD/dp/B00HHIPN5A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1400810690&sr=8-5&keywords=R9+290X

Well when it hits the UK I might add one to my brother's pc.

I found a R9 290 for 210 GBP used with a warranty for another 7-8 months.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

ooooold news

I'd change the title if I knew how. This post is more about this deal for a r9 280 if you read it, the title is just to get attention.

Well when it hits the UK I might add one to my brother's pc.

I found a R9 290 for 210 GBP used with a warranty for another 7-8 months.

Last week I found reference R9 290s being sold on ebay for $200 each. And custom cooled versions being sold for $250.

I'd change the title if I knew how, because this post is more about this deal for a r9 280 if you read it.

no im referring to the title prices have been dropping for a while 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

no im referring to the title prices have been dropping for a while 

So 760 or 280? Which looks better?

So 760 or 280? Which looks better?

280 no doubt 

Specs

Isn't that the prices that they were suppose to be at launch before the bitcoin mining incident?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

To defend my post I did a search for price drop in the forums and that thread never came up. Meanwhile, it came up a bit in the Tech News and Review section a bit. I'm pointing out a specific deal I'm eyeing.

Is there a way for me to change the title of my thread?

Isn't that the prices that they were suppose to be at launch before the bitcoin mining incident?

The 280 came out just a few months ago. It you count the rebates they are less now at least. The price difference is so much better now for AMD cards compared to January that it all still looks good. It was great to see the 760 take the 660 ti out of the market for $50 less, now I see the 280 take out the 760 for about another $50.

To defend my post I did a search for price drop in the forums and that thread never came up. Meanwhile, it came up a bit in the Tech News and Review section a bit. I'm pointing out a specific deal I'm eyeing.

Is there a way for me to change the title of my thread?

Yes just go to your original post then where it says quote it will have edit click on that then go down the bottom and click use full editior then u can change the title.

ooooold news

I'm still giving this a YAY!

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.