Is this the year of the PC?

TechBlitZ

Linus has done a great job of CES, and after watching all his CES content, it made me think that this might actually be the year for the PC guys.

Steam box is going to appeal to both console gamers as well as the PC enthusiasts, and I really think that it will bring alot more people into the PC market, and get more people interested in more hardcore PC gaming ect.

Also, Asus has brought out ALOT of PC stuff this year. I always hear people saying the PC is dying, but if this were so, Asus wouldn't be going down the PC route as much as they have, right?

Not to mention the new Razer Tablet.. That thing looks really awsome! Yeah it's on the big side, but it packs so much punch with full x86 windows, i5 / i7 processor and a GTX 640m in there.. Ok your not going to be playing BF3 on the bus on ultra but its a step in the right direction for performance.

What do you guys think? Will this year see the PC get noticed abit more?

I think the way the PC is used has been changing and will continue to change - just look at all the different types of tablets, ultra-books and they like that are designed around maximum portability for business and home use. There will still be a constant battle with higher end gaming systems in competition with console gaming - that war will never end. However once the graphics companies have got their heat and power issues well under control - within the next 5 years we might be able to see these ultra books start cranking out some sweet gaming.

As far as Asus's product launches as I mentioned, there's a huge influx of lightweight and mobile computing however things like their new graphics card along with the PCI SSD are still for a very niche market which will have little affect on the PC as a whole.

Just my $.02

I am thinking that this year will pretty much kill the console (hopefully) with the steam box coming, I also think that if current console gamers buy a steambox and buy crysis3 for both platforms they will be amazed at the difference and therefore switch to PC.

But these are just my hopes. :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I'm hoping Apple gets taken down this year so then people realise that there are other company's out there. Although, Apple makes it so company's such as Samsung have to compete, therefor making better products.

i hope so cuse pc really deserves a good year this time round this doesn't just go for hardware but hopefully a good year for PC gaming