Is 75Hz worth it for Integrated Graphics?

Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
4 minutes ago, Vecna said:

I have an i5 7200U with intel hd 620. Im buying a new monitor. I can squeeze every drop of fps possible from games and get 60-ish. even if my performance goes up, i will improve the graphics quality and bring it down to 60-ish. im not interested in fps above it in games. Should I invest in a monitor with 75Hz if im not gonna use 75fps in games? Will it be worth it for general use of the pc or for watching videos or anything? Im gonna be running linux for max performance and will play Minecraft. If 75hz is not needed, ill get a 60Hz monitor itself. 

Definitely sounds like 60hz is the one you should get for your use case 🙂

Youtube and Movies don't play at 75hz so you won't see any difference there.

I have an i5 7200U with intel hd 620. Im buying a new monitor. I can squeeze every drop of fps possible from games and get 60-ish. even if my performance goes up, i will improve the graphics quality and bring it down to 60-ish. im not interested in fps above it in games. Should I invest in a monitor with 75Hz if im not gonna use 75fps in games? Will it be worth it for general use of the pc or for watching videos or anything? Im gonna be running linux for max performance and will play Minecraft. If 75hz is not needed, ill get a 60Hz monitor itself. 

4 minutes ago, Vecna said:

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Yup alright thanks a lot for your help 🙂

if your internet is above 50mbps you could use geforce now(1080p version is free) and get a good gaming experience and then the 75hz could make a small difference

1 hour ago, jre84 said:

if your internet is above 50mbps you could use geforce now(1080p version is free) and get a good gaming experience and then the 75hz could make a small difference

The thing is that im in India and im pretty sure GeForce Now requires a VPN to play from here. That kinda tanks my connection. Any other streaming service that I could try?

theres a couple but here in canada its pretty amazing getting 4080 performance and a playable enjoyable expereince for 30 bucks a month, alot cheaper than building a desktop. I think amazon has a service called LUNA,there is also XBOX CLOUD, and Shadow Play

also the thing people are forgetting is if you have a decent computer(tweaked/stable) 75hz while scrolling webpages might feel smoother, it might be noticeable if your sensitive to motion and could benefit you. but honestly if your picking up a 75hz monitor because its on sale i'd search around for something like a 144hz-165hz on sale it might even be close in price as things have come down alot in the monitor space.

48 minutes ago, jre84 said:

theres a couple but here in canada its pretty amazing getting 4080 performance and a playable enjoyable expereince for 30 bucks a month, alot cheaper than building a desktop. I think amazon has a service called LUNA,there is also XBOX CLOUD, and Shadow Play

also the thing people are forgetting is if you have a decent computer(tweaked/stable) 75hz while scrolling webpages might feel smoother, it might be noticeable if your sensitive to motion and could benefit you. but honestly if your picking up a 75hz monitor because its on sale i'd search around for something like a 144hz-165hz on sale it might even be close in price as things have come down alot in the monitor space.

Oh alright then. I have one final doubt. Is 27 inches too big for 1080p? I saw many posts saying that you can see the individual pixels and the quality is not great. Is 27 too big or should I settle for 24?

its slight, i had a 27in monitor at one point. it looks crisp and at the end of the day its nice having a bigger display. im currently using a 4k 55in oled as a monitor so yeah its going to look just as good. just barely if i move my head closer can i see the pixels.

13 minutes ago, jre84 said:

its slight, i had a 27in monitor at one point. it looks crisp and at the end of the day its nice having a bigger display. im currently using a 4k 55in oled as a monitor so yeah its going to look just as good. just barely if i move my head closer can i see the pixels.

alright then thanks.

your welcome, don't worry about the normal view as its pretty useless in actually observance. I was always wanting 4k then 120hz then 240hz and honestly the difference in day to day usage is so small its mind blowing people notice or so they claim. It's basically just hype. you will notice framerates above 60hz feeling smoother but once you hit 120-144hz its so slight I honestly think its only going to be noticed by a handful of people on the web who happen to also spread the info like its the word of god. don't beileve the hype. im sure 75hz will feel smoother and don't worry about 24 vs 27in and clairity. I have owned both and its just not noticeable

Will GeForce NOW come to India?

GeForce Now is available in India via JioGamesCloud, whose beta version is currently free.Feb 22, 2023

6 hours ago, jre84 said:
Will GeForce NOW come to India?

GeForce Now is available in India via JioGamesCloud, whose beta version is currently free.Feb 22, 2023

OH! Wow I would really like to give that a try. Thanks a lot for all your advice!

I have a 3060 computer, but alot of times I just use geforce now as 1080p<4k120 lol.....a 4080 streamed is miles better than native 3060 gaming