Can I install essential UWP packages without a re-install?

Gat Pelsinger

(copy paste from a different forum cuz I ain't writing it again)

I was trying to deep clean Windows, but I regret touching the WindowsApps folder. I forcefully deleted some of the folders which I thought weren't important. I did actually find the folders who represented the programs I had installed earlier, and aren't present anymore, so it shows how bad Windows manages bloat and doesn't remove them.

But then not knowing the naming of the packages, I deleted some packages like UI.XAML. Now a lot of Windows programs are broken. SFC and DISM (restore health) commands don't fix it. Seems like a Windows re-install is what I should do, but I don't have the time to perform it right now, and I just want to get my system running nicely as quickly as possible.

Is there anything I can do to re-install just the simple default Windows UWP packages without performing a re-install?

Just to clarify, I have no restore points set and MS Store also does not work.

I then ran this command in powershell - 

Get-AppxPackage -allusers | foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$($_.InstallLocation)\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode}

But it didn't fix it. Is there no way I can just download and install the default packages without needing to re-install?

Edit - Can I maybe DISM the packages? I have an USB drive with a Windows ISO loaded.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

No replies 😥?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

9 hours ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

(copy paste from a different forum cuz I ain't writing it again)

I then ran this command in powershell - 

But it didn't fix it. Is there no way I can just download and install the default packages without needing to re-install?

Edit - Can I maybe DISM the packages? I have an USB drive with a Windows ISO loaded.

If it that messed up, probably installing again is going to be your best option.