Tips for first build/case swap?

Hey guys I'm getting ready to attempt first build, well not sure if can call it a build I'll be moving everything from one case to another and I've been watching a bunch of youtube videos and made a list of things to remember but I was wondering what advice y'all have? Like what is something you wish youd've know going into your first build. Any tips are greatly appreciated 馃檪

54 minutes ago, RussianTaco said:

Hey guys I'm getting ready to attempt first build, well not sure if can call it a build I'll be moving everything from one case to another and I've been watching a bunch of youtube videos and made a list of things to remember but I was wondering what advice y'all have? Like what is something you wish youd've know going into your first build. Any tips are greatly appreciated 馃檪

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Just unplug everything, unscrew the screwed in components, put them in new case, screw back in and plug back in everything and you're done.

If you're air cooling you don't have to even take off the cooler, just the graphics card, everything else can remain mounted on the motherboard. Depending on how big the air cooler is it may or may not be in the way of some screws so you may need to take it off but it also depends on how big the case is and if you can comfortable fit your hands in to work with stuff... that's about the only issue I can think off.

1 hour ago, RussianTaco said:

Don't rush

If it's moving parts to a new case, may as well do some bit of parts cleaning.

Prepare a flashlight or a headlamp. 馃槢

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

9 hours ago, WereCat said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Just unplug everything, unscrew the screwed in components, put them in new case, screw back in and plug back in everything and you're done.

If you're air cooling you don't have to even take off the cooler, just the graphics card, everything else can remain mounted on the motherboard. Depending on how big the air cooler is it may or may not be in the way of some screws so you may need to take it off but it also depends on how big the case is and if you can comfortable fit your hands in to work with stuff... that's about the only issue I can think off.

Just seeking any tips that aren't common knowledge, any advice to a new builder. Like for example I saw someone say to take photos of everything before you start taking it apart, just seeing if anyone has good advice for me that isn't mentioned in most youtube videos 馃檪

9 hours ago, Poinkachu said:

Don't rush

If it's moving parts to a new case, may as well do some bit of parts cleaning.

Prepare a flashlight or a headlamp. 馃槢

I have a headlamp but your the first person I've seen mention that, great advice!