Case Fan Question ARGB vs rgb

I have a few questions. Can I use argb fans in a rgb header? Can I daisy chain the case fans and plug them into one rgb header and if so how many? When I control the led for the rgb case fans if they are daisy change they will all be the same color? Say if I had 3 rgb case fan ports on my motherboard then would I only be able to set 1 color for all 3. Is the difference that argb headers if you have multiple allow for a variety color if more than one case fan is used? What are cheap fan headers that you recommend. Preferably around 20

Yes you can I did the same thing with my case

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-Core Processor

Memory: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4

SSD: WD_BLACK SN770 1TB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12G oc

Motherboard: Asus Prime B-450 A2

Case: MuseTex k2 Mid Tower

Monitor 1: Samsung SyncMaster S27D360

Monitor 2: Samsung Syncmaster S27B350

Keyboard: Razer Onata

Mouse: Razer Viper

22 minutes ago, ThePCNerd129 said:

Yes you can I did the same thing with my case

No you cannot.

ARGB is 5v

RGB is 12v

If you mix them you will fry something.

ARGB-vs-RGB-headers.thumb.webp.bbe1ae01a605efe56eb86f626be76b1d.webp

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, TPhill110 said:

I have a few questions. Can I use argb fans in a rgb header? 

No, you cannot plug an ARGB fan on a RGB header as the former is 5V and the latter is 12V, you'll fry the circuitry. 

1 hour ago, TPhill110 said:

Can I daisy chain the case fans and plug them into one rgb header and if so how many? When I control the led for the rgb case fans if they are daisy change they will all be the same color? Say if I had 3 rgb case fan ports on my motherboard then would I only be able to set 1 color for all 3. Is the difference that argb headers if you have multiple allow for a variety color if more than one case fan is used? What are cheap fan headers that you recommend. Preferably around 20

You can daisy chain, I'm not sure how many but you'll likely run out of LEDs before that limit is a problem. What motherboard do you have? You may not need a controller if you have enough ARGB and RGB headers for the effect you want. I for instance am running everything off the board. My LED strip is technically two daisy-chained together. In software, they're identified as one single 24-LED strip as they're 12 LEDs per.

That's something you have to keep in mind for daisy chaining, all devices connected to a header will be identified as one. The software only cares about the number of LEDs and which colour each LED in that array if you will, should be. Whether it's a fan or LED strip is irrelevant. 

image.thumb.png.7e4e020f0f12da3ecda6b32a97c3e0c5.png

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580