Windows slows down to slideshow when graphics driver installed

NytroN32D
Go to solution Solved by NytroN32D,

Ok it's not the GPU it might be a fault on motherboard I will keep this post updated with potential resolution

Ordered new GPU I guess I needed an upgrade anyways but have similar issues 

I have tried uninstalling graphics drivers even going back to windows 10 but every time windows installs graphics drivers seems like the computer only computes once every 3 seconds like everything I tried to do happens at once and it seems to respond fine and then stops completely again 

The GPU in question is gtx960 

My CPU is Ryzen 5 2600

Now after receiving new GPU the issue persists and even has become slightly worse with the rx480 8gb card tested the power supply next up the motherboard 

Update it was just a bad HDMI wire somehow causing all this 

Just now, NytroN32D said:

I have tried uninstalling graphics drivers even going back to windows 10 but every time windows installs graphics drivers seems like the computer only computes once every 3 seconds like everything I tried to do happens at once and it seems to respond fine and then stops completely again 

My CPU is Ryzen 5 2600

Are you installing them from the official NVIDIA website?

3 minutes ago, NytroN32D said:

My CPU is Ryzen 5 2600

Hello install a older gpu driver like 4 - 5 months old, wish you a good day, god bless you

5 minutes ago, FireLegend said:

Are you installing them from the official NVIDIA website?

Definitely official Nvidia drivers from Nvidia website 

6 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

Hello install a older gpu driver like 4 - 5 months old, wish you a good day, god bless you

I will try that I still have installer from last year so hope that works out 

14 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

It didn't work at all 😞

It didn't work at all 😞

First download DDU and uninstall graphics driver, or reinstall a fresh windows and then install old gpu driver

Just now, Chapunna said:

First download DDU and uninstall graphics driver, or reinstall a fresh windows and then install old gpu driver

I have done both even going as far as replacing the SSD with a different one with fresh copy of windows but very time once graphics drivers are installed it just slows down before this started happening I did notice that my games where stuttering a bit but this is just ridiculous just not sure if I can do anything to save it🤔

I have done both even going as far as replacing the SSD with a different one with fresh copy of windows but very time once graphics drivers are installed it just slows down before this started happening I did notice that my games where stuttering a bit but this is just ridiculous just not sure if I can do anything to save it🤔

This happened before you replaced ssd?

3 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

This happened before you replaced ssd?

It was happening before I replaced the SSD basically it was working fine with some unusual lag spikes and after leaving it for a few days I was greeted with this madness 

50 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

Sadly nothing works it's saying it runs at 65fps on furmark but that's clearly not the case all drivers have failed 

Might just bake it with furmark up untill it completely self destructs or spontaneously combusts I have had enough 

10 minutes ago, NytroN32D said:

Might just bake it with furmark up untill it completely self destructs or spontaneously combusts I have had enough 

furmark tests thermal performance mainly. use different benchmark software for fps.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

10 minutes ago, podkall said:

furmark tests thermal performance mainly. use different benchmark software for fps.

I think on this instance it would just be waste of my time because with graphics driver installed it's doing everything at that speed and including moving the mouse I just give up there is no saving this 960 

Just now, NytroN32D said:

I think on this instance it would just be waste of my time because with graphics driver installed it's doing everything at that speed and including moving the mouse I just give up there is no saving this 960 

did you buy it recently or sudden problem?

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

6 minutes ago, podkall said:

did you buy it recently or sudden problem?

Sudden problem had it for a while now 

56 minutes ago, NytroN32D said:

Sudden problem had it for a while now 

sudden problem, out of nowhere? after installing driver/component/etc.

these are pretty basic questions, but you never know when something so simple can cause a problem (because I don't really know any of the advanced stuff either I can only ask those only aswell)

PC:

PCs I used before:

50 minutes ago, podkall said:

these are pretty basic questions, but you never know when something so simple can cause a problem (because I don't really know any of the advanced stuff either I can only ask those only aswell)

It started to develop lag spikes and now this is happening after literally making no changes to system at all drivers have been tried and tested different os too I will have to assume it's gone for good 

55 minutes ago, podkall said:

Any suggestions for cheap replacement for this cheapo card

6 minutes ago, NytroN32D said:

It started to develop lag spikes and now this is happening after literally making no changes to system at all drivers have been tried and tested different os too I will have to assume it's gone for good 

there's actulally 2 more questions, first would be how are the GPU temps?

and the second question is, was it brand new, or bought used, or old?

2 minutes ago, NytroN32D said:

Any suggestions for cheap replacement for this cheapo card

used I guess? depends really on budget

PC:

PCs I used before:

15 minutes ago, podkall said:

there's actulally 2 more questions, first would be how are the GPU temps?

and the second question is, was it brand new, or bought used, or old?

used I guess? depends really on budget

Temps are fine and it does that even at 25c it was bought used thinking about getting rx 480 

10 minutes ago, NytroN32D said:

Temps are fine and it does that even at 25c it was bought used thinking about getting rx 480 

idk if 25c are normal temps, unless it's idle on recently turned on PC that has been off for a while

PC:

PCs I used before: