Superglue stuck into USB port

b.1

The plastic and metal parts of the USB reciever from my wireless mouse were constantly breaking apart in the last couple of days. As a result, I decided to glue them with suprtglue. I thought the glue had dried, so I connected it back into my computer. However, an hour ago, I tried to get the USB reciever out from the port of my laptop, but I couldn't do so. How can I solve this problem? 

9 minutes ago, b.1 said:

The plastic and metal parts of the USB reciever from my wireless mouse were constantly breaking apart in the last couple of days. As a result, I decided to glue them with suprtglue. I thought the glue had dried, so I connected it back into my computer. However, an hour ago, I tried to get the USB reciever out from the port of my laptop, but I couldn't do so. How can I solve this problem? 

If possible remove the shroud of the receiver, hope the usb didn't fry from having literal undried superglue on it, then use acetone (any kind of nail polish remover) on a toothpick or if the superglue is not that strong do a cotton swab, and just avoid touching the usb pins while doing so (if you feel comfortable).

I edit my messages more than not –

Probably some dude on the internet

11 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

If possible remove the shroud of the receiver, hope the usb didn't fry from having literal undried superglue on it, then use acetone (any kind of nail polish remover) on a toothpick or if the superglue is not that strong do a cotton swab, and just avoid touching the usb pins while doing so (if you feel comfortable).

acetone but the usb is plastic it will dissolve

wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems

2 minutes ago, Cyberwolf said:

acetone but the usb is plastic it will dissolve

Wait so am I dum-
Right now im speaking from experience I had to do this with my logitech reciever, yknow those small ones. It was loose on the inside so I did the same and uhm 

acetone

Just now, Hellowpplz said:

Wait so am I dum-
Right now im speaking from experience I had to do this with my logitech reciever, yknow those small ones. It was loose on the inside so I did the same and uhm 

_*acetone*_

spacer.png

wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems

use wd40 to remove the super glue DO NOT USE ACETONE

20 minutes ago, Cyberwolf said:

use wd40 to remove the super glue DO NOT USE ACETONE

"wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems"

Seems fitting

14 minutes ago, Hellowpplz said:

"wd-40 is god there is no other god than wd-40 wd-40 is the solution to all problems"

Seems fitting

lol wd 40 is so op the devs need to fix it

1 minute ago, Cyberwolf said:

lol wd 40 is so op the devs need to fix it

💀 lol

I just use it to make my door hinges stop screaming at me lmao