GPX2 vs Razer Viper V2 Pro

gpx2 vs viper v2 pro  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which to pick?

• Logitech G Pro X Superlight 2
    • Razer Viper V2 Pro

Hello LTT community, I need help with choosing a mouse. I RMA'd my Glorious Model O 2 Wireless because of some skipping/stuttering issue and now I need to decide between GPX2 and Viper V2 Pro. The retailer where I did the RMA only has these 2 brands as options so ofcourse I have to make a pick. I tried the DeathAdder and I just don't like the shape and it feels weird in my hands. I had a viper mini before but I think my hand is too big for that. Right now I have a SteelSeries Rival 3 and it's just so hard to find a consistent grip for FPS games. I mainly play Apex Legends so I need a stable mouse that I'm also able to track with.

I was leaning towards Razer Viper V2 Pro a lot, but the issue I had on my Viper Mini was when I scrolled down it would scroll up, so I rma'd it and got the steelseries instead (they were out of stock on viper mini's so I had to pick another). A year later I bought a second hand Glorious Model O 2 Wireless for 40 euro (I was freaking shocked) but the owner claimed it was in mint condition and no defects so I was like ok. It was bought less than 6 months ago so it's still under warranty which is why I was able to send it to RMA. Anyways, I really liked the Glorious Model O 2 shape but the holes kinda bothered me. I have tried the regular Viper in the store and it's ok in my hand, I haven't had a chance to try GPX2 shape though.

So what I'm looking for is just quality. At this point I just want a mouse that lasts, I don't want to risk double clicking or scroll wheel issues. I've found threads with both of these mice having similar issues or even their own known issues so now I'm just looking for opinions as I'm very indecisive. I'll post my grip type below...

Hand measurements: 20x11 centimeters.

My grip is somewhere inbetween claw and fingertip I think, the only part of my palm touching the mouse is my pinky knuckle.

428226530_390378243597185_3196055349527898774_n.jpg

427984189_1063859761564419_4267922829161892827_n.jpg

428268767_768271001519928_5034185336706684413_n.jpg

Given that I loathe Razer and love Logi, my answer is easy.

I've never had a logi mouse die, and I have 5 G604's actively being used around my life

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

If I had to choose out of those, go for the Viper. The switches are much better. 

However, take a look at the XM2WE and X2V2. Those are both very similar mice.

The XM2WE is one of the better of the ambi mice out there.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

If I had to choose out of those, go for the Viper. The switches are much better. 

However, take a look at the XM2WE and X2V2. Those are both very similar mice.

The XM2WE is one of the better of the ambi mice out there.

What about the scroll wheel? Does it still have the same issues as the Viper Mini had?

To answer the XM2WE, it's not an option for me as the options are very limited at the retailer 😕 These are the only two decent mice they have and basically at the price of my RMA there isn't any other mice to pick from unless its a brick mmo mouse etc.