sound works only in 1 ear (logitech pro X)

yurux123

Over the time my cable got tangled, now close to the part that connects into the headphone something ripped and it plays only from 1 ear, if i play with it from side to side(the cable) i can briefly hear in both.
is there any fix for this or do i need to buy a replacement cable? if i do need a replacement cable it will be appriciated if you could leave a recommendation

If the cable is replaceable, which I believe it is on the Pro X, I'd just do that. If it's not and the cable has torn, only option would be to use wire cutters and electrical tape to splice the cable back together. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

17 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

If the cable is replaceable, which I believe it is on the Pro X, I'd just do that. If it's not and the cable has torn, only option would be to use wire cutters and electrical tape to splice the cable back together. 

do you have any recommendations for a suitable cable, if i were to use the wire cutter wouldnt i need to also connect somehow each of the wires inside the aux cable back to each other before i use the electrical tape?

2 minutes ago, yurux123 said:

do you have any recommendations for a suitable cable, if i were to use the wire cutter wouldnt i need to also connect somehow each of the wires inside the aux cable back to each other before i use the electrical tape?

If you have never spliced a cable before I wouldn't recommend trying it.

As for the replacement cable, you should be able to get a direct replacement from Logitech.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

If you know somebody who can solder, in many cases the cable breaks near the connector (which you can try by bending the cable and where you can reliably bring the sound back, is most likely the place where it broke. If side of the cable that goes towards the headphones is long enough, you can just cut it there and solder a new connector on and it should work.

If not, the save route is replacing the whole cable. Just write Logitech support or search for it on the internet. By the way, using electrical tape to splice headphone cables is not a good idea. The only way that works more or less reliable is soldered connections with heatshrink tube, preferrably the one with glue so you have strain relief.

How does the Pro X connect to your PC?  From what I gather it's a USB cable.  On Logitech's website it says that it has a USB sound card and a 2M cable, need to know if the cable is permanently attached to the headset or removeable. NVM I just pulled up an unboxing video.

All you need is what's called a "TRRS 4-pole 3.5mm male to male cable" at least that's the term I'm going to use for a search.

What part of the world do you live in?  If the US here is a link for a cable.

The other potential issue is that it's in the Y splitter

Depending on which part you have to adjust is the part you should replace.  Hopefully it's not the receiver port on the headset.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission