Crappy Wi-Fi on the Samsung Galaxy a12

Joshua420
Go to solution Solved by Average Nerd,
1 hour ago, Joshua420 said:

But on my Samsung Galaxy A12 I only get 60 megabit It makes no sense

It does, because the Galaxy A12 is limited to 2,4GHz WIFI, which isn't very fast.

60Mb/s is in line with the reviews I read, said reviews also don't rate the phone very high in general.

So, I have a Samsung Galaxy a12 and I've noticed how slow The Wi-Fi  is compared to everything else The speeds top out at 60 Megabit I have a one gigabit Internet Connection I don't want to be capped at 60 megabit can someone help.

-> Moved to Phones and Tablets

Forum Bugs and Issues is specifically for issues with the forums.

As for your issue. Wifi speeds are combination of things. Are you talking about speeds between your devices on your own network or to outside services? What router you have?

E: 80Mbps is what I got with AC router to speed test services. And your phone is limited to WiFi N.

Edited by LogicalDrm

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's a Wi-Fi6 Router And I forgot to mention I randomly get Disconnections Where it says connected without internet When My Internet isn't down It's not just That the speeds fluctuate randomly i  get disconnections too And I even Called T P link support and They Weren't able to help me fix the problem.

I'm talking about my speeds to the Internet To outside Services On my Motorola e6 I get 100 megabit But on my Samsung Galaxy A12 I only get 60 megabit It makes no sense maybe it's because the Galaxy a12 doesn't have 5 gigahertz ?

1 hour ago, Joshua420 said:

But on my Samsung Galaxy A12 I only get 60 megabit It makes no sense

It does, because the Galaxy A12 is limited to 2,4GHz WIFI, which isn't very fast.

60Mb/s is in line with the reviews I read, said reviews also don't rate the phone very high in general.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

Out of interest, what could you be needing a faster than 60 Megbabit wifi speed on a A12 for?

The a12 is a very low end phone whilst newer than your moto e6 it's both slower and using older hardware with less functionality than your e6.

It is limited to 2.4ghz N networking and the network issues are not a uncommon issue it seems. A weird fix is people turn of their bluetooth and the wifi seems way more stable.

Seems to be just a cheap crappy phone really. Pretty in line with bottom teir galaxy's from the past 5 years really

I want More than 60 megabit because Sometimes I download Pretty big files They're not massive like I would say The files are usually around 1 Gigabyte or five gigabytes And I have a one gigabit network connection so I want To get as close as possible To one gigabit If I had more than 60 megabit then I would be able to  Download stuff faster and I would be able to do Things on the Internet that require more bandwidth than 60 megabit

2 minutes ago, Joshua420 said:

If I had more than 60 megabit

I don't think this phone is capable of anything faster than 60Mb/s.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

1 minute ago, Average Nerd said:

I don't think this phone is capable of anything faster than 60Mb/s.

You're Probably right I was just wondering if it was possible to get faster speeds on that phone

7 hours ago, jaslion said:

The a12 is a very low end phone whilst newer than your moto e6 it's both slower and using older hardware with less functionality than your e6.

It is limited to 2.4ghz N networking and the network issues are not a uncommon issue it seems. A weird fix is people turn of their bluetooth and the wifi seems way more stable.

Seems to be just a cheap crappy phone really. Pretty in line with bottom teir galaxy's from the past 5 years really

I agree with you 100% The Galaxy a 12 is crap but i bet it was a decent phone when it came out but now it's kind of slow and its gaming performance sucks Maybe Samsung pulled an Apple and they are doing plant obsolescence. With their Older phones

7 hours ago, jaslion said:

True the Galaxy a 12 doesn't have five gigahertz it only has 2.4 which is super weird for a phone that was released in 2020 Samsung really cheaped out with the Wi-fi on that phone And its performance. In general

1 minute ago, Joshua420 said:

Maybe Samsung pulled an Apple and they are doing plant obsolescence. With their Older phones

Not necessarily, my Galaxy A52, which came out in the same year as the A12, is still going strong.
Your phone is simply one of the cheapest phones that Samsung released that year.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

Just now, Average Nerd said:

Not necessarily, my Galaxy A52, which came out in the same year as the A12, is still going strong.
Your phone is simply one of the cheapest phones that Samsung released that year.

I wish I could say you're wrong but you're right it is a crap phone When it comes to network speed gaming performance or just performance in general And maybe it wasn't planned obsolescence maybe it's just always been bad

2 minutes ago, Joshua420 said:

True the Galaxy a 12 doesn't have five gigahertz it only has 2.4 which is super weird for a phone that was released in 2020 Samsung really cheaped out with the Wi-fi on that phone And its performance. In general

The A12 was released for a price of around 150€. You can't really expect more at that pricepoint.

Just now, Joshua420 said:

maybe it's just always been bad

That's pretty much it, yeah.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

9 hours ago, whispous said:

Out of interest, what could you be needing a faster than 60 Megbabit wifi speed on a A12 for?

I would say I want more than 60 megabit because sometimes I download pretty large files to my phone And I have a one gigabit Network connection so I want to get as close to that one gigabit speed Who doesn't like faster internet

But dual band Wi-Fi has been around for many years now and it's not that expensive to implement into phones routers etc. So, I don't understand why Samsung would cheap out on the Wi-fi on that phone I believe they would have been able to squeeze A dual band Wi-F Chippi into that phone For around the same price more or less.

Sometimes, I believe it's down to home Wifi setup and settings, for example, I got my friend to download DevCheck Pro so he can monitor his battery and other usage and such. He then messaged me that according to the app, his Asus (flagship router) WiFi is 154Mbps, while his Link Speed is 34Mbps (which is fine for him, though I believe it should be way faster). I then checked with mine, both my WiFi and Link Speed are rated at 1441Mbps. BTW, he has a Samsung S23 Ultra and I have an S24 Ultra. WiFi connection-wise (WiFi6), his phone should be about as good as mine. 

However, I do agree that the A12 is a basic entry level phone, great for its price range and at the time of release (circa 2020), but don't expect too much from it as it uses a Mediatek chipset, known for being budget friendly rather than performance. Not dissing on Mediatek, they perform well for their price range, heard the new Mediatek platform are pretty good. I have a Note10+ 512/12GB, it precedes the A12 (circa 2019), but because it was a flagship phone, it does come with WiFi6 capability, though I doubt it'd be as fast as my S24U.

Edit - Speak of the devil, he's just messaged me, his WiFi and Link speeds are now up at 720Mbps, I believe he'd made some changes after our comparisons yesterday. Still, his speed is half mine, and I use a generic WiFi6 router.....

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

16 hours ago, Joshua420 said:

phone when it came out but

Oh no it sucked badly 3 years ago. Plenty of way better competition around 😛. Like for real a poco x3 was about140$ and dominated the ultra budget market. Then you had motorola, nokia,... all release decent to even good devices sub 150.